Monday 16 March 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fifteenth Chain



Hello pals. Welcome to week 215 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Terence Terrier wiv Bill Oddie and The Knitting Song. Let's see wot we gots dis week!

@claptonterrier
Last week  Terence won with a song about knitting…knitting is a very fine hobby to have…but the hobby which I like to indulge in is riding my bike…so this week my choice is “Bicycle Race” by Queen…



@bunnersandharvs
So den a big well dun to dat Ter fur his linky last week with Bill Oddie's Knitting Song. We thorts about knitting and said if you knit one you purl one too so dat gots us thinking also dat if you knits you has to keep things even too so our linky Easy Flow by Pearl Jam gets it?  BOL! Have fun chooosin Terence!




@skye613
OMD! What a week. I don't knit, don't sew , nope don't crochet. Now I do nap quite a bit!
Have fun Terence! I be " Dream Weaving".




@maggietkat
Well done with the wonderfully campy Knitting Song! You can knit booties, knit a sweater, or even knit a community together. If ever a town needed some kindness, it is Ferguson, Missouri. So, here's to knitting Ferguson together, Curtis Mayfield and the impressions singing their civil rights anthem, "People Get Ready".




@borderpup
Terence was right - we'd never heard The Knitting song before! It was funny and took mum back to when Bill Oddie was in The Goodies. She used to watch them every week! They invented the noble Lancastrian art of Ecky Thump, which caught on in playgrounds around the land. Jack White was a fan and his band The White Stripes made an album called Icky Thump, changing the name a bit for American audiences. Jack was an upholsterer before becoming a musician and my favourite piece of upholstery is the bed, so we bring you Black Coffee in Bed by Squeeze.




@kelsoterrier
The knitting song? Never heard of it before and trying to find a link this week was like looking for a "knitting" needle in a haystack. It would be even harder to find a pin though, you'd be searching forever! Which leads me to my link of The Searchers - Needles & Pins.










@diamondbertie
That clever @terenceterrier won last week with The knitting Song by Bill Oddie.
Yes he is right I never heard of it, but it made me smile,  I first noticed Bill in The Goodies I have to say for my link has the be The Funky Gibbon by The Goodies.




@wotterface
Last weeks winner was T, with Bill Oddie and The Knitting Song. Mr Oddie is a well known nature enthusiast and presented programmes like springwatch. It'll soon be spring and all the birds and the bees will be flying about doing birds and bee stuff. So I've chosen "Beeswing" by The Futureheads as my link this week.



 
 
 
@djladylexie
Well ecky thump it's Bill Oddie wiv da Knitting Song. Who knew! Our linky dis week dus be Erotica by Madonna! What the? I hear you say. Well, believe it or not, is becoz of  famous misheard lyrics. In the song Erotica, Madge sings Erotic Erotic, Put Your Hands All Over My Body. What she actually singed was Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put Your Hands All Over My Body! BOLBOL. That me linky: Erotica, Madonna.




So the winner as chosen by @terenceterrier dus be ......... @kelsoterrier. Blimey! Again! Pffttt we'll have to call it kelso's chain soon :) Well done Kelso me pal. Next week is you.

Ere wot Terence said: Whoo hoo some clever linkies to follow on. But I chooses linky number 6. Da fact I can sing all day werds by heart haz absolutely nuffin to do wiv it.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 22nd March 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment