Tuesday 2 February 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Sixty First Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 261 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Megan wiv  . Let's see wots we got this week.

@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Megan winned wiv “I Still Believe” by Frank Turner. Wowser for once dere be lotsa of linkies I could use. Anyhows in da songy it sez dat dey saved by rock n roll. So I looks for a linky from dat era.  My mums own Dad had a favrit songy n group from back then wot ties in nicely.  So I gives yoo “I Believe” by The Batchelors. (He sed dey could sing proper not like all dem groups wot da teenagers liked.)





@skye613
Congrats Megan! Did not know Frank Turner. During my research I found out that he is also an author. Ohhh these paws wondered how many other singers were also authors. Many many write their own songs but I was interested in books and short stories. Found out there are many including Jimmy Buffett, Ryan Adams, Madonna, Alice Cooper and Maria McKee. Maria was the lead singer for Lone Justice one of our fav defunct bands.  Enjoy linky pals!




@wotterface
Last week's winner was Frank Turner so I listened to the song and was immediately reminded of this song. Then I googled and found out they have played together at several gigs, so that's my link from Frank Turner to Cosmo Jarvis and Gay Pirates...



@izzy_border
Megan won last week with Frank Turner, who I have to confess we knew about but have not listened to much. A couple of plays of this track and me and mum are bopping around the room! So how to link to that?

About 1.30 mins in Frank do sing about teenage kicks. Well, all aging punk rockers only fink one thing when they do hear that..... The Undertones!!!! So there is really only one song we want Teenage Kicks by the Undertones.
 













 

@diamondbertie
Well done @cloonfourmegan with the great choice I Believe by Frank Turner a really happy smile making song. My choice is Under The Moon of Love by Showaddywaddy, this also makes me smile even if I feel a bit down.



@maggietkat
Congrats with Turner's song.  I am going with the paraphrased lyric "Rock and roll saves" for my link. Here is ELO's version of the penultimate rock and roll song, Roll over Beethoven".




@djladylexie
Great song! Oh yes, I do believe in rock and roll! May it rock on forever. David Essex said it will, so that's all right then.




@sonikebt
We loved @CloonfourMegan link last week "I still believe "by Frank Turner which certainly got our paws tapping. There are lots of artists with songs about believing one of which is Tears for Fears and "I Believe", from their album Songs from the Big Chair (which our typist used to listen to a lot on something called a Walkman!). This album also includes a song inspired by Arthur Janov's Primal Therapy treatment in which people confront their fears by shouting and screaming. Our link this week is "Shout" by Tears for Fears


















An da winner as choosed by Megan dus be ......................... Skye! Yay! Well done me pal you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Megan said: We glad everyone enjoyed the Frank Turner song and really got their thinking caps on this week. There are so many linkys we love and remind mum of songs and artists from her youth. But we choose an artist we not know so well because it be such a well researched and clever linky ... and we like the song too! So our choice is Linky 2 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 7th February 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment