Tuesday 12 April 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Seventy First Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 271 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Wotterface Wyn wiv King for a Day from Jamiroquai. Let's see wot we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done Wyn with King for a day. I read about the band whose roots were in jazz such as found on Blue Note Records. blue Note recorded many interesting artists which were studio musicians who went in to form incredible groups. Two such artists are Thelonius Monk and Milt Jackson. Here they are in a 1951 recording of a standard Willow Weep for Me.



@diamondbertie
The clever @Wotterface won with King for a Day by Jamiroqui a song of partings, my choice Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits this if my memory serves me was in the mid 1980s during a difficult period in our history. We had the Falklands War, it's a haunting song used at funerals of loved ones.




@claptonterrier
last week Miss Wyn won with a song called King For a Day by Jamiroquai... The song is a "tribute" to bassist Stuart Zender,…and we read that one of mr Zender’s favourite pieces of bass playing was on the Marvin Gaye song…"What’s Going On”…so that is our linky this week




@skye613
Oh me Oh my. Couldn't find this tunage so I went with the band. In 1994 Jamiroquai released " Space Cowboy" . It became their first US #1 on the dance charts. My fav Space Cowboy is from these Jokers!



@terenceterrier
Larst week Wynn nailed her name to da list of weekly linkie winners wiv Jamiroquai n “King for A Day”. So I sticks wiv da King theme n chooses Carole King as my linky singer. Corse peeps might only love yoo if yoo royalty so next day when yoo ordinary dey mite not so I gives yoo her songy “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” as my linky.




@djladylexie
King for a Day ... Well now did you know that a band called Pierce the Veil also dun a song wot was called King For A Day wot is erm a rock hardcore or summat. Anyhooooo, to pierce the veil is to cut through to the truth of a matter or to go beyond the veil to see what really matters. So in this regard I dus be choosin Beyond The Veil by Linsey Stirling who dus play violin really good and sings a bit sort of!



An da winner as chosened by Wyn dus be ................................. bing da de bong .... is @claptonterrier wiv Marvin Gaye.

Ere wot Wyn said: It was a really tough week to choose but I listened to all the songs and went for the one I liked most, link 3, Marvin Gaye. 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 17th April 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment