Tuesday 14 March 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Nineteenth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 319 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was me wiv Albatross from Fleetwood Mac. Let see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done with Albatross by Fleetwood Mac. I know about another Bird, Charlie "Yardbird" Parker who left Kansas City bound for 52nd Street. A club, Birdland was named after Bird and was one of the hottest jazz clubs in New York. A song describing the vibrancy of that time was written by Joe Zawinul. This vocalize version of Birdland is by Manhattan Transfer.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week you Lexie won with Albatross by Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood famously and disastrously once presented the Brits with Sam Fox. So my pick is Sam's greatest hit (!).





@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie….last week our winner was a song called Albatross….the Albatross has the biggest wing spread of all the birds…..pffft….i am never sure why people thing the biggest of something is the best of something…its very smallist if you ask me…so we are very happy to settle for some smaller birds…and so this week our linky is Three Little Birds by Bob Marley….




@diamondbertie
Well done winning with Fleetwood Mac's Albatross, a beautiful timeless piece, they also had a song called Tusk.  This had me thinking of the 1960s film Jungle Book. My choice is Colonel Hathi's March from the same film.




@terenceterrier
Larst week Lexie winned da chainy wiv da luvvly Fleetwood Mac instrumental linky  " Albatross ". Phew *slaps paws to head* so many ways I could go wiv dis. An albatross be a humungus seabird. One famussly be featured n bumped off in a very long pome " The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner " by Samuel Taylor Coleridge ( wot mum had to recite by heart at skool! ) I discovers a moosic track ( using da term loosely) of da same name by da head bangers Iron Maiden on their Powerslave album. Da full vershun runs over 13 mins on YooToob so abowt da same as da pome takes to recite ! I gives yoo a vershun wiv lyrics to follow in case yoo dussnt knows da original pome cos it keep close to da original story n as a senior fur I consider it my duty to edjamacayt da youngsters.




@daisy_dor
Congrats to Lexi wiv her win last week with da super Albatross. This week I gives you Welcome to Da Pleasuredome by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. And how does we get from Fleetwood Mac to here I hears you ask. Well da Albatross is in da Rime of Da Ancient Mariner by that geezer Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Him also wrote Kubla Khan and da poem was da inspiration for Welcome to Da Pleasuredome. So dat's it for me linky this week.




@sonikebt
Lexie's winning song last week, "Albatross" by Fleetwood Mac, was influenced by the poem "The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" by Coleridge, which Peter Green read as a child. We have gone for a literary link this week with a song which references Maya Angelou with the line "All God's children need traveling shoes". Our link is "Twist in my sobriety" by Tania Tikaram.





An da winner as chosen by ............... me dad ...................... dus be ............................. Megan wiv Sam Fox an her 'hit' song (shudder)!

Ere wot me dad said: I will never forget the Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox debacle (wish I could!) so I'm going with link 2 Sam Fox because it's so bad. Well done.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on 19th March 2017 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment