Friday 16 June 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Thirty Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 332 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Tel wiph Jefferson Airplane and Somebody To Love. Lets see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done Sir with Jefferson Airplane's Don't you need somebody to love. The song was on the ground breaking album Surrealistic Pillow. The other outstanding song from that album is White Rabbit with Alice (from Wonderland) in a leading role. SJ Tucker wrote a song about Alice and the Cheshire Cat, "We're all Mad Here". (One of my favorite quotes from the book). P.s. Mum has horrible memories of her ex trying to sing White Rabbit like Grace. *shudder*.




@diamondbertie
Well done Terence, your choice Jefferson Airplane, live at Woodstock 1969. Also at Woodstock was Joe Cocker among his many songs there was "I Shall Be Released", that is my choice.




@claptonterrier
last week our winner was a song by Jefferson Airplane…of course Jefferson is the name of an American President…Homas Jefferson….so this week we have been looking for songs about presidents…and we have selected this little ditty by They Might Be Giants…its called James K Polk….who was the 11th President of of the United States….a song they said was made to convert the most boring information they could think of.





@cloonfourmegan
Last week Sir Terence did win with Jefferson Airplane. A famous line from the film Airplane is 'Don't Call Me Shirley' and a famous Shirley is Miss Bassey. Here she is singing about History Repeating Itself.





@daisy_dor
Congrats to Sir Tel for winning last week with Jefferson Airplane and Somebody to Love. I has learnded that Jefferson Airplane did headline the Isle of Wight festival in 1968 and as we is just heading into festival season, my linky this week starts there. Annuver act wot also appeared at the 1968 festival was Smile wot was formed by Brian May in 1968 and also featured Roger Taylor. As we know, these peeps went on to form Queen with Freddie Mercury and John Deacon. Funnily enough, Queen also had a song called Somebody to Love. So there you have it, a twofer linky dis week.




@djladylexie
Jefferson Airplane what a funny name! One of their uvva hits was a song White Rabbit what is definitely about drugs I finks. Well that and Alison in Wonderland which me now firmly believes is some weir psychedelic book way ahead of its time. So in tribute to Caroll an well his very very interestin imagination I give you I Am The Walrus from The Beatles who may also have been influenced by the odd drug or two :).




An da winner as chosen by ............... Tel ...................... dus be ..............................  Magggie! Yay! You choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot Terence said:   Fanks yoo for da interesting  linkies my pals. Wot great imaginayshuns yoo all haz. I only knew two of da songs dis time n strangely enuff I nearly used one of dem myself larst week. When I pick a winner I try to go wiv both track I like combined wiv a clever linky. So my winner be "We're All Mad Here" by SJ Tucker. 


So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 19th June 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment