Sunday 17 July 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Twenty-Eighth Chain

Hello pals.! Welcome to Week 28 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Tucker to make da decishun, so let's see wot ideas come in dis week:

@I_am_fuzzy
also from 1967, bobbie gentry - ode to billie joe (goosebump time). she & glen campbell made an album together in '68.

@maggietkat
My selection is "Time after time" as recorded by Miles Davis. John Hartford who wrote "Gentle on my mind" grew up in st. Louis as did Miles. Although Miles and John aren't contemporaries, they are obviously influenced by the musicians that are attracted to the cities along the Great Muddy Mississippi River. Both tunes have great melodies and lyrics which speak of love.

@marleyterrier
This week's chain (already so I dussnt forget) is Rocket Man by Elton John. Glen Campbell play on Pet Sounds...by da Beach Boys. Leon Russell also played piano on that record and Leon just released new album of dooets wiv Elton....leadin to Rocket...Man which we nommynate in honour of last Space shuttle flight takin place right now!!

@bvfeyj
Dis week me submit "I Would Not Be Here" by John Hartford. Why? Cuz "Gentle on My Mind" which Glen Campbell did was written (and recorded) by John Hartford and he did dis one too. Besides it makes mom laugh. So dat da link & dat me pick!
@kelsoterrier
My linky song dis week iz Sing by Travis. Why? Coz Glen Campell's middle name iz Travis and because hiz version of Sing by Travis woz included on da cover album he released In 1998 entitled 'Meet Glen Campbell'. And coz I trying to get out ov da 50's and 60's and back into my comfort zone ov 80's onwards ;-)

@diamondbertie
This week's link, my choice is Annie's Song, sung by Placido Domingo. Why? he did an album with John Denver called Perhaps Love, the song is in a similar genre.

@djladylexie
My selection dus be Linda Ronstadt wiv Long Long Time wot she sung on Glen Campbell's Goodtime Hour in 1970's.

Ere dus be wot Tucker said: "Me concatulations on all da fine entries. You is all winners in me book, but like da "Highlander" say... "There can be only one" so wifout further ado, dis week da winner is... Kelso wiv Sing by Travis! YAY! Good job, eberypaw!"

The song: Sing
The year: 2001
The artist: Travis





Pals, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you @kelsoterrier.

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 24 July 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat.

As a look on da right to see all of da links in our chain. Is gettin longer all da time!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment