Sunday 7 August 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Thirty-First Chain

Hello pals.! Welcome to Week 31of #lexieschain. Wow week 31!! I dus hope you still be enjoyin da game! 

Dis week was down to @zoetheborder to make da decishun. So, now let's see wot ideas come in dis week:

@bvfeyj (aka Tucker)
Dis week me submit "Doctor My Eyes" by Jackson Browne. Why? Cuz dey boff ‘bout Doctors sorta (boff singers is addressing da Doctor) & hab Doctor in title & chorus. Mostly cuz we lub dis song! bol So dat da link & dat me pick!



@I_Am_Fuzzy
in the 1980's robert palmer was in the band 'power station' with john and andy
taylor from duran duran. at around the same time, the other members of dd -
simon la bon bon, nick rhodes & roger taylor (the drummer from dd, not the
drummer from queen!) formed 'arcadia' and their best track (i think) is 'the
promise'.



@MaggieTKat
Lowell George was featured on several of the early Robert Palmer albums, and they included songs penned by George such as Sailing Shoes. George died about the same year that "Bad Case of Loving You" was recorded. This album Down on the Farm by Little Feat which featured George was also released the same year. "Kokomo" describes the love a man has for a woman.





@Kelsoterrier
Ok, here ma finkin. Song Iz Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor Doctor). Doctors are considered saints and so are Utah (as in Utah Saints). Like Robert Palmer Utah Saints are also from Yorkshire. Also if u have a bad case ov loving someone then this is something good :-) So my linky is Utah Saints wif Something Good '08. I dus luv dis video ;-)



@DJLadyLexie
Doctor Pressure by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine. Robert Palmer's song has da words 'doctor, doctor' give me da news, I gots a bad case of lubbin you' an den Doctor Pressure says can you give me somfink for da beat! So dat is ma linky – doctors givin people fings to cure em! heehee.



@Tartan_Terriers
Travelling Wilburys - Handle with care. Robert Palmer was a member of super group The Power Station in the 80's and the Travelling Wilburys were another super group also formed in the 80's (a better one!)


An da winner as selected by @zoetheborder dus be @I_Am_Fuzzy. Yay! Well done ma pal! Brilliant linky! Ere dus be wot Zoe said bout it: Oh dat was a rilly tough choice, so many great answers! I dus fink I has to go wiv Fuzzy - such good linkies! But Kelso was a very close second.

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME PLAY AN HELP SELECT DA WINNER. Everyone wins wiv Lexie's Chain, b/c it is fun fun fun!
Pals, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Fuzzy!
So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 14 August 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat.

As a look on da right to see all of da links in our chain. Is gettin longer all da time!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment