Sunday 18 December 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Fiftieth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 50 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to @bvfeyj (Tucker) to choose da winner.

So, last week da winning linky was Cold As Ice by Foreigner. Let's see wot ideas come in dis week.

@terenceterrier
For my linky this week to follow on from “Cold as Ice” by Foreigner I am selecting another song from the 70’s . This is “Bette Davis Eyes” written by Donna Weiss / Jackie DeShannon. I select the version recorded by Kim Carnes. The lyrics include the phrase “she’s as cold as ice” .


@zoetheborder
Well, dis dus be easy den, because in Foreigner, der dus be someone I fink I did read dat song dat won was "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner. called Mick Jones. An I dus fink der was also sumone named Mick Jones in The Clash, which dus be one of my Mom's favourite bands of all time. Is hard to choose one Clash song because she likes so many, but maybe we choose "Lost in the Supermarket", because supermarkets dus haf frozen sections where you wud find fings dat dus be "As Cold as Ice".



@marleyterrier
So, we starts wiv Cold as Ice by Foreigner. One of da men in Foreigner is Mick Jones. Mick Jones is also a member of The Clash along wiv Joe Strummer. My favourit band in Cream. Who like da cream? Well, cats always got da cream which lead me to singer Cat Power. She did a nice record called The Greatest. Who was da greatest? Well, it was Muhammed Ali or Cassius Clay as he was known. Concrete and Clay was a hit long time ago by UK band Unit 4 + 2. It was number one in 1965 and was succeeded at No.1 by Cliff Richard and preceded by the Rolling Stones who feature Keith Richards. So our entry is The Last Time by The Stones.



@patchdacat
My link for this week is “White Christmas” sung by Bing Crosby. Why you say ? Well last week the the track was “Cold as Ice” and snow is just as cold as ice (althought snowflakes are much prettier & fun to chase) The track I’ve chosen is all about wanting a lot of snow for Christmas so it is very appropriate for this time of year.


@djladylexie
Cold As Ice was from their self-titled album 'Foreigner' whch also included the hit Feels Like The First Time – both written by Mick Jones. Before forming Foreigner in 1976, he was a singer and session musician for many famus artists. He co-wrote a song one Eric Clapton called "Bad Love, also bout cold hearted woman. So dat is ma linky!



@bvfeyj
Dis week me say "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas. Why? Last week we got "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner cuz dey did tour wif Def Leppard in 2007. Da same tour Styx also toured wif dem. In 2010 Styx and Foreigner again toured togevver and headlined "United in Rock" dis time wif special guest Kansas. Dis is da link wif Kansas & "Dust in the Wind" is me faborite Kansas song.



@I_am_fuzzy 
it's nearly christmas, so i have to pick a christmasy song so i've chosen tom jones & cerys matthews 'baby its cold outside' obviously it's about being cold but also at the end she says 'it's bloody freezing isn't it?' which always makes me laugh & ice is freezing!


@icypinklemonade
My entry is off the name of last weeks winner, "cold as ice" as soon as I saw that I thought of ice ice Baby by vanilla ice! Bringin' it back old school.




@superchowchow
Sugar by System of a Down



@bunnersandharvs
oh dat Tucker is a cleva one so we did thort about dis and well you know is almost chrissymus and well is also veeerrry cold. Hrmm so then we dus be tippy tap tap tappin our paws to "Let it snow" by Dean Martin and we thort aha dis is fun! So dat dus be our singy wongy fur da week. doodle dooty doot toot too doo - Let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW! 


@kelsoterrier
Ok, Mick Jones has been the only permanent fixture in Foreigner during its many years of existence. Another iconic musical Mick Jones Is Mick Jones from The Clash. If water is as cold as ice then it must be below the freezing point of water which is zero degrees on the celcius scale. Zero degrees longitude when talking about time zones is also known as the Greenwich Meridian because it runs through Greenwich in London. Which brings me to my choice of The Clash with London's Calling and, as chance would have it the song contains the lyrics "the ice age is coming" which would also be as cold as ice.


@wonderwinger
Moving on from Foreigner's Cold as Ice: Foreigner's guitarist was Mick Jones. Mick Jones married the socialite Ann Dexter-Jones mother if Mark Ronson. Mark Ronson produced Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album. On this album is the single, Rehab. I believe that when you are in rehab there are times when you feel as cold as ice so my link is Rehab by Amy Winehouse.



@diamondbertie
Last week was Cold as Ice, that made me think of "winter music"so I choose Troika from Lieutenant Kije Suite by Prokofiev.


Da winner .. as chosen by ... @bvfeyj ... dus be .... @diamondbertie ith Troika!. Yay!! Well done ma pal!

So, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Bertie!

 
So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 25 December 2011 (wot dis be christmas day!) I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat. Errr ... oh and sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea for dat is wot Tucker dus -- type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment