Sunday 26 February 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Sixtieth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 60 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to me (well once again Dad did step in) to choose da winner, a hard task this week wiv so many great entries yet again!

So, last week da winning linky was Marlene Dietrich wiv Lili Marleen. Let's see what da linkies was.

@marleyterrier
I see dat Lili Marleen was inspired by a Germin soldier goin off to fight in WW1 so we been finkin of other songs inspired by War. There is lots of obvious wuns but as we ave been talkin to peeple bout the Carribean this wek we haz plumped for Vietnam by Jimmy Cliff.



@patchdacat
The winning linky last week “Lili Marleen” was sung in German. So this week I choose another song in German for my linky - The Beatles and “Sie Liebt Dich”.



@bvfeyj (Tucker)
Last week we did hab "Lili Marlene" by Marlene Dietrich. It probably too obvious but me say for dis week anuver "Lilly" dis one by Pink Martini.


@bunnersandharvs
Oh dis time of da week iz always a brow scratcha but first of all well done too da Lexie fur da win last week! Yay! OK so den da songy wong chosen dis week is David Bowie's Changes. You ask why? Cuz dis was orginally on his album 'Hunky Dory'. Why you dus says again? Well da cover wus dune in honour of da Marlene Dietricht and well he dus look a bit like a girl (well Marlene) on da cover too. Hee hee so dat be da selekshun fur dis week!





@rettetkaninchen
My suggestion this week: David Bowie's Heros. Why? Marlene Dietrich played in her last movie together with Bowie. She was Born in in Berlin and Heros is about two lovers kissing on the Wall. The song and the album are part of Bowie's Berlin trilogy. And finally Marlene and Bowie are heros!



@i_am_fuzzy
i choose kim carnes - 'bette davis eyes' ....why? the last song was by marlene dietrich who is mentioned in madonna's 'vogue' song as is bette davis!!



@diamondbertie
I loved your last choice, a wonderful song performed by a great lady. I was, I think the year was 1963 - 64, I was a gangly 17 year old. My college had a trip to the Houses of Parliament. In the crowded lobby I saw Marlene Dietrich being shown round by Bessie Braddock. I walked over to to her and told her how much I admired her singing and her films saying that seeing her has made a good day perfect.

She was very beautiful and very gracious she treated me as though I had made her day.
I want to keep the link of this great lady and offer her version of Blowing in the Wind, I always feel dewy eyed when I hear that.




@wonderwinger

Firstly, i want to say congrats to Lexie for winning last week with Lili Marlene by Marlene Dietrich. My linky this week is Marlene On The Wall by Suzanne Vega. 

Suzanne Vega had a poster of Marlene Dietrich on her bedroom wall. The song is about coping with loneliness. It describes everything the poster witnesses from the wall as Vega flits between superficial relationships but ultimately finds herself alone.



@terenceterrier
Marlene Dietrich sang winning linky last week so I start the ball rolling with another Marlene - Marlene Boyce who was a character in the comedy The Green Green Grass. So I have Tom Jones with his song “The Green Green Grass of Home” as my linky.



@kelsoterrier
Marlene Dietrich's final on-camera film appearance was a cameo role in Just A Gigolo, starring David Bowie. David Bowie also used to live in Schoneberg (which is where Marlene Dietrich was born) when trying to overcome his drug addiction and, while there, was sharing an apartment with Iggy Pop.

The style of cover for Bowie's "Hunky Dory" album was also influenced by a Marlene Dietrich photo book that Bowie took with him to the photo shoot. So I have chosen a song from this album as my link which is the excellent "Changes".



The winner of the 60 #lexieschain as chosen by ma dad .... dus be .... @wonderwinger wiv Suzanne Vega and Marlene On The Wall. Yay! Well done ma pal - second win of da season!

Anyway is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Briar!! Yay! Glad it ain't me!

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 4 March 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment