Sunday 21 July 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Thirty First Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to week 131 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner, after a bit of upset caused by dad, was Briar wiv Praise You. Hope we didn't upset anyone too much! Let's see wot we got dis week!

@freddie_bt
Last week's winner wuz Praise You which has a distinctly religious ring to it n dat made n easy linky fer us. Dad has always luved The Church wot av da added benefit of bein Australian he says. Anyways one of his favwite songs of deirs is "Tear it All Away". Ere dey are on da excellent KEXP Seattle wiv a luvly re-workin of dis song, mandolin n harmonica weplacin 12 stwing guitar.




@skye613
Congrats to Briar, who won with " Praise You" by Fatboy Slim last week. This video was conceived and orchestrated by Spike Jonze for the tune. Jonze hired the dancers & also danced. Fatboy Slim liked it so much it became the official video for the song. Fatboy Slim was also a member of Pizzaman along with John Reid who co-founded the record label , Loaded Records ,which produced the group. Another group with Loaded Records was/is Freemasons. I think the dancers should be singing this tune! 




@diamondbertie
Another week has flown by, last weeks winner was Briar with Praise You by Fat Boy Slim
I saw it was a break dance sort of music, so I looked up Break dancing and settled for
When I Hear Music by Debbie Deb






@bvfeyj
Me does hab to say dat me not getted da hoopla wif Praise You by dis Fat Boy Slim... me is more used to “old people’s music” dat mom listens to. So we didz fink da best part ob dis song was when at da end dey did “The Joker” by Steve Miller Band. Me say dey did gib us da link right dere. So we does choose da original.





@bunnersandharvs
So den last week we did see a contruvurshul win wif da chainy fur Briar but is all cause der is a terrific group of competiturs fur da #lexieschain! So we says a big well dun to you Briar *wynks*.

Now den, our linky is going wif da singer wot called FATBOY SLIM! How can you be dis fat and slim? So we says we choosing songy songs dat is oxy morons...hee hee so we going wif an old singer called George Jones and his songy dus be called Accidentally on purpose. Kind of lyke when I says to Mum dat I ate dat pooh accidentally on purpose. BOL! 





@terenceterrier (welcome back Terence!)
Last week da winning linky was FatBoySlim and Praise You. If somewun is praising you they be saying Well Done. So my linky be “Well Done” by Moriah Peters.



@rosieterrier
Congratulations to Briar with her Fatboy Slim win.. Well I thought and thought, I considered Eminem-Slim Shady, Slim Whitman and then I thought 'Pffffft, slim.... No way, I loves my foody' so I went for Fats Domino, Heavy D but finally decided upon Fats Waller with Your Feet's Too Big. Enjoy :-D





@maggietkat
I had never hear of Fat Boy Slim, so I watched the vid with interest. The lyrical message combined with the struggles reminded me of the rebuilding of The Pretenders. the chart "Back on the Chain Gang" describes the love/respect for the former band members, the difficulties to rebuild while knowing that the love and respect would help carry the new band. So, my choice is "Back on the Chain Gang" by the Pretenders. 




@djladylexie
I'm goin wiv the praise feme. Priase to adore, adulate, glorify, honour. Obviously there's a religious feme connrected wiv god an that. I fink the ones I like are da choirs wot dus sing abowt they feelins. Dis made me fink bowt movies wot dussin av awesome choirs in em an I went for one of ma favourite movies featurin one of the best soul singers of all time - the one, the only James Brown in Blues Brothers. Wiv The Old Landmark. Do you see the light! heehee.





An da winner ............... as chosen by Briar  .............. dus be ........... @rosieterrier wiv  Fats Waller and Your Feets Too Big . Yay! Well done RosiePosie! Oh an dat means you will be selectin the winner next week.  

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 28th July 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment