Monday 29 July 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Thirty Second Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to week 132 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Rosie wiv Your Feets Too Big from Fats Waller. Brillant linky ma lovely pal! So wot dus we dus av this week? (ps I fink I lost one - sorry @claptonterrier I cuddn't see your entry!)


@djladylexie
I loved da winnin song! Your feets too big is funny! I fink I go wiv da feet connection. I am goin wiv feet. What does we wear on out feet (well we dussnt but hoomans do). Well boots, shoes, slippers, trainers, fings like that. So is there any songs about shoes? Hmm yes many I fink. I noticed when mum has a new pair of shoes on she wanders round in em for ages all admirin herself an all that like she goin hey I got new shoes on!! Reminds me of dat Paulo Nutini song – New Shoes! Dat ma linky.





@maggietkat
i couldn't decide how to make my chain this week! I love piano 'strikers', and could have gone that way. However, I found sheet music for Fats Waller's version of "Muscle Shoals Blues". My human grannie grew up in the Muscle Shores area of the Tennessee River, specifically Florence, Alabama. Her daddy was employed by the Army Corp of Engineers to work on the Wilson Dam. Muscle Shoals has become a stop on the music trail for a lot of recording artists which include Aretha Franklin, Rolling Stones, and Lynryd Skynyrd. So, my pick is "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Synyrd because the lyrics specifically mention Muscle Shoals. FYI, Muscle was the spelling at that time for the shellfish mussels which collected in shallow waters, called the shoals.





@diamondbertie
Last weeks winner was brilliant (wish I'd thought of it). Fats Waller singing Your Feets Too Big. The theme of feet I spontaneously thought of Nancy Sinatra singing These Boots Were Made For Walking.




@freddie_bt
Last week da winner wuz Fats Waller a towering figure in Jazz, great composer n pianist. Anuva great n influential Jazz musician who, like Fats, also demonstrated his prowess in Classical music wuz Benny Goodman da King of Swing. In his legendary Carnegie Hall concert in 1938 Goodman featured a sequence of tunes chartin da history of Jazz, one of dese wuz Fats Waller's Honeysuckle Rose. Dis pwovides our linky to one of da gweat moments in Jazz, "Sing Sing Sing". Swing? Dis sounds like rock n roll as Gene Krupa drives it along at breakneck speed wiv his thunderous drumming, only relenting wen da frontmen including Harry James n Goodman take deir solos. Towards da end Jess Stacey is given a rare piano solo, you can hear da audience applaud wen Goodman sensing it'll be magical says "Yeah Jess" as he moves da microphone to da piano. Phew, eres da Fletcher Henderson arrangement of "Sing Sing Sing" impeccably performed by da full Benny Goodman big band at deir peak:



@skye613
Congrats to Briar ! Am still chuckling. @rosieterrier did win the Lexieschain with "Your Feets To Big" by Fats Waller. Long after Fats was wallering about big feets in New York City, way down in Atlanta , Little Feats were singing about a " Fat Man in the Bathtub ".




@bvfeyj
Last week Rosie winned wif Your Feets Too Big by Fats Waller. Good choice too. We gonna go from dat (fat man and big feet) to woman wif skinny legs! Dis is Joe Tex wif Skinny Legs and All.




@terenceterrier
I am so pleased dat my pal Rosie won wiv her linky “Your feets too big”. If dat be the case then da person will have a big foot at the end of each leg. Dere woz an Indybum Chief from the Sioux nation called Big Foot. Annuver Sioux Chief woz Crazy Horse. So for my linky I choose “I don’t want to talk about it” by Crazy Horse & sung by Danny Whitten who writted da songy.





 @smcheetham
Morning last week was Rosie with the Fats Waller song Your Feets too Big so congratulations. I have gone with a link based on things being too big. Showing my age I was a big fan of The Police when their first album came out (I went off them quite quickly though) however on that first album is a song called The Beds Too Big Without you so that's my suggestion another things that's too big. Good luck everyone.





@bunnersandharvs
A veree big well dun to dat Rosie paw wot won last week wid her choice of Feets Too Big by Fats Waller....so where dus a paw go frum here? Well frum fat to slim to feet bein too big, we is going wid dem foots. We dus say if you always had happy feet den lyfe would be gooder dan good! So our linky is Happy Feet by Cab Calloway. Is an old songy but wot da heck put your happy paws on and get tappin.

 


An da winner ............... as chosen by Rosie.............. dus be ........... @bvfeyj (Tucker) wiv Skinny Legs! BOL BOL! Well dun ma pal. Oh an dat means you will be selectin the winner next week.

Ere wot Rosie said bowt it: Oooo, it was sooo hard to choose a winner. I did luv all of the songs, even Tessa Butterball ™ was swaying her hips! I have chosen a winner that just edged it but it is like on 'Come Dine Wiv Me' and every other fur is equal second, so brilliant were the linkies. My winner dis week dus be Joe Tex and 'Skinny Legs' cos it had us all laughin and it is about acceptance, inclusion and love. Xxxxxx

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 4th August 2013 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment