Sunday 30 March 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Sixty Seventh Chain





Hello pals! Welcome to week 167 of #lexieschain. Last week da winner was me wiv feem toon from Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence. Let's see wot we gots dis week:

@wotterface
This weeks winner was taken from the film Goodbye Mr Lawrence, which stars David Bowie, Tom Conti and Takeshi Kitano. Takeshi Kitano was also in Battle Royale, a film that is very similar to the recent Hunger Games series. The artist Birdy was on the Hunger Games soundtrack and so we've chosen the beautiful Shelter by Birdy this week.




@claptonterrier
Getting it in early this week Miss Lexie….we noticed that in your link last week you said that Ruichi Sakamoto played a captain in the film Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence….I imagine he must have made a fantastic captain…and that made us think of another fantastic captain, Elton John, known as Captain Fantastic (& the Brown Dirt Cowboy, with his partner Bernie Taupin)….this year is the 40th anniversary of his most successful album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road…..so we are choosing the title song from that album as our linky this week….(and with the bonus of added muppets in the video!!)…




@thisbear
The last link was "Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence" by Ryuichi Sakamoto from the film of the same name, which starred David Bowie. Bowie became very involved in the music scene in West Berlin in the late 70s. In the 1980s an Australian bloke called Nick Cave also spent some time in the city, even appearing in cult German film "Der Himmel über Berlin". Here's Mr Cave and his Bad Seeds performing "Red Right Hand".




@terenceterrier
The winnin linky last week chosen by dat very discerning judge TT woz da feem toon from da movie “Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence” wot be abowt a prizna of war camp in Japan. Me geograffee int too good but I finks Japan next to China. Da movie stars David Bowie. So my linky dis week be summat prediktablee be da Bowie songy “China Girl”.

 


@smcheetham
Morning well done Lexie For your win last week. I have chosen the reference from the film merry Christmas mr Lawrence to remind me of a very famous band that had one of the biggest Xmas songs and that is Slade. The song of theirs that I like the most is Come on feel the Noise though they spelt it differently of course. Anyways that's my song this week have a good one.




@freddie_bt
Dad never ad a David Bowie recordin, not that he duznt like da songs, deys bwilliant but he wont conform, Punk suited his contrary uncooperative demeanour but we's space hoppin to da late 70s when our linky is early 70s Glam, its a Bowie song but not a Bowie recordin. Secwetly I fink Dad fancied twyin to be cool n a dude but didnt dare twy it, anyways time to splash yourselves wiv Brut 33, spray Harmony on your perms n don your Foster Grant Aviators as Ian Hunter leads Mott the Hoople in dat rallyin call to "All the Youing Dudes".



@kelsoterrier
I been looking this week to try to get a link to Ryuichi Sakamoto & a song I think may be called Forbidden Colours but it may just be called theme to Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence or Kyoto Theme. After much searching of Wikipedia and thinking of loads of Japanese links and seeing lots of Japanese writing I started to think I was turning Japanese (not in the rude sense!). For this reason I have chosen as my link Turning Japanese by The Vapors.



@borderpup
Well done Lexie on last week's winning entry of the lovely feem from the war film 'Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence'. So many direkshuns to go from there. In the end we decided to go for a song about a different kind of conflict from annuver Laurence and we bring you 'Gunfight' from Mr Laurence Fox. Mum's not obsessed with the tv show 'Lewis', no, not at all!



@bunnersandharvs
Well a big and happy cheers to dat Lexie fur her winning Linky last week, Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence by Ryuichi Sakamoto. It's a songy about war and dat haunting theme gots us thinking about another songy which is sad and also about war. However, dis one is about da Civil War in da States. It dus be about da anguish of dem Confereerate soldiers and dus be by 'The Band' and is 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. It is a good toon but a sad toon too. Good luck and enjoy choosing pal.




@diamondbertie
Last weeks winner the music from the film Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence by Ryuichi Sakamoto, lovely haunting music. I wanted to stay with the Japanese theme and I thought of the music from the Bridge on the River Kwai, but I changed my mind and I choose instead the Overture from the Mikado by Gilbert and Sullivan, he was also a despot but the operetta manages to keep a lightness which we need.




@skye613
Congrats to the great DJ Lexie for a super win last week. So using two words from the song title I find my link. At Christmas people go to some form of religious service. The first song in many services is Kyrie Elesion. So I put together Christmas & Mister. My link " Kyrie " by Mr. Mister . This after much head banging. BOL .




@maggietkat
Well done, Lexie! Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence stars David Bowie. One of his movies that I did see was The Hunger. (Mom has a thing for Susan Sarandon, but we don't discuss it! MOL!) The opening track is by Bauhaus, "Bela Lugosi's Dead", my link of the week.





An da winner ... as chosen by  .... ma dad ...... dus be .............. @WOtterface. Yay! So dat meant you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot the dad said: No Girls Aloud? No Prodigy? Ha-ha ;). Turning Japanese was a good one. I'm not a huge Bowie fan but a good link. I've chosen link number one - I like the movie Hunger Games and have seen Battle Royale. I liked Birdy's singing, never heard her before. So Link No 1 for me.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 6th April 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment