Monday 25 August 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Eighty Sixth Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 186 of #lexieschain. So last time was Wyn wiv Where's Me Jumper by Sultans of Ping. So let's see wots we gots dis week:

@maggietkat
Well done with the quirky Where's Me Jumper? We loved it! The lyrics about dancing put us in mind of another musician, Frank Zappa. My link is "Dancing Fool".






@skye613
This weeks tune caused much head thumping & paws tapping Wotter, so good on ya! Played with a bunch of lost & found but decided that " I think I found it & I think I love it " What is lost shall be found!




@diamondbertie
Well done @Wotterface winning last week with Where's Me Jumper by Sultans of Ping, hilarious, I loved it. I had to choose another funny song, my mind went straight to Lily the Pink by the Scaffold.This song was based on the Ballard of Lydia Pinkham, she existed as a purveyor of medicinal compounds.




@terenceterrier
I woz proper stumped dis week. I reads dat da name of da band Sultans of Ping FC iz a play on the Dire Straits songy “ Sultans of Swing” . Mark Kopfler woz in Dire straits. So for my linky I gives you him wiv “ Brothers in Arms” . Why dis one? Obvious innit – cos jumpers have arms. And in Tucker’s honour it be a live vershun wiv Eric Clapton frown in.




@freddie_bt
Where's Me Jumper, well I duznt av a jumper, I did av a onesie bawt fer me n I wuz vewy welieved wen dat seemed to get lost. However I duz get vewy cwoss wen pawfectly gud toys are disaappeared jus coz deir stuffin spills out but I is digwessin fwom da task in hand wot is to fink ov a linky. I's not vewy gud at findin fings, pawently deres no finkin or plannin I jus run about madly lukin in da same place so I sympafises wiv da pwedicament dat Wreckless found imself in, fanks to his Mum. Blinkin oomums. Eric adnt actually lost anyfing no he wuz twyin to find someone. Eh? I's confused but opefully you wont be after 3 minutes of Eric's wonderful monotone as he twavels "The Whole Wide World".




@claptonterrier
Miss Wyn chose a song called “Where’s My Jumper”…and it occurred to me that jumpers are usually made from wool…all types of wool….and I am of course made of knitting of the finest mohair wool from the high Himalayas...…so this week my choose is the Knitting Song by Bill Oddie! Yes..that Bill Oddie.




@djladylexie
Hmmm jumpers! Me finkin. Well, jumpers can be used for all kinds of fings like keepin warm, wrappin round your shoulders if you is from the continent or playin golf, and using em for goalposts if you is playin football in the park. Parks are great and full of intrestin people an fings going on … so .. Our linky dus be park life! So here it is Blur an Parklife.




So da winner as decided by Wyn dus be .................. wot! Nooooo!! Not again ... is me! Pfftttt. Ok well dad dus be decidin again.

Ere wot Wyn said bowty it: We're so glad everyone loved Sultans of Ping! All of the links made us laugh with references to losing stuff and knitting and jumpers and onsies and sleeves. But there was only one choice for us that jumped out straight away because it's high energy, Mom is a massive fan and it's where we'd all have fun - Parklife! OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 31st August 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment