Monday 19 January 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Seventh Chain



Hello pals or hola amigos as we will be sayin when we in Beefa! Welcome to week 207 of #lexieschain. Last week  the winner was Wyn wiv Always from Erasure. Let's see wot appened this week.

@borderpup
To link from Always by Erasure, we carried on the Vince Clarke feem, and before Erasure he was half of Yazoo wiv Alison Moyet. She went solo after Yazoo split up and as mum isn't ready to leave the 80s synthpop just yet, we have chosen I Go Weak -Alison Moyet. Can't find video so found this one which is very weird! Sorry!




@smcheetham
So last week our chain champion won again well done Wyn. I am afraid I just shamelessly use the chain to link to my favourite songs and I have done this again this week. I have used the word Always to link to You Were Always on my Mind which must be the best song ever about not making enough effort in a relationship. Anyway I like it and there is a link so hear you go You Were Always on my Mind by Elvis Presley. have a good weekend all.



@kelsoterrier
I see last week’s winning link was Erasure with Always. Always infers something will last forever whereas the band’s name infers this isn’t necessarily the case because things can be erased. Erasure are well known as being a synthpop band so I am going to link to a song that also incorporates a synthesiser to create a more disco-oriented sound. What song you ask? Well, why erase when you can rip it up and start again? My link is Orange Juice with Rip It Up.




@terenceterrier
Last week da winnin linky woz da songy “Always” by Erasure . An erasure iz posh name for a rubber wot yoo use to remove mistakes if yoo writted on paper wiv a pencil . *paws froo contents of box of cherished 33 rpm albums* My linky dis week coming from da LP by The Beatles wot be called “Rubber Soul”. I chooses da track “In My Life” cos it be one of my favorits.





@diamondbertie
Great that Erasure won last week with always, a lovely song my choice has to be Baby it's Cold Outside who to choose for the artist, so many choices Dean Martin, Tom Jones, Idina Menzel or Rod Stewart, hmmm. Well I have to choose Tom Jones version alway had a bit of a soft spot for the Welsh Wizard.




@maggietkat
Well done with the Vince Clarke tune! Checking back, he was also in the band Yazoo which was known in the US as Yaz. The name change happened due to copyright issues with a record label. Yazoo Records was formed to preserve American heritage music. One of the artists on the label is the Memphis Jug Band, performing a song by Gus Cannon (band member), "Walk Right In".

 



@djladylexie
Last week was Erasure wiv Always. Always is a very popular title for songs you know! We dus know cos we found out from Wikipiki the font of all knowledge. Then we wondered what is the opposite of always … well we fink is never! So ere we dus av Never Say Never from Basement Jaxx. Sorry about the bottom!




@skye613
So to start this search I wondered what is Always? Something that goes on forever, or happens all the time. Yes Those are correct. This also happens always ... Every week "Manic Monday".




@bunnersandharvs
What a super dups linky by Wotter last week with Erasure's Always. You is on a anudder roll it seems, pal. We wos thinking about da songy by Erasure and it made us think if you erased you may also feel invisible so dat is why we has Chosen Invisible by Skylar Grey. She says wot eva she tries to do she always invisible. Awww Good luck choosing da link dis week pal.




@claptonterrier
Last week Miss Wyn won with a song by Erasure. This put is in mind of a great song by Erasure called A Little Respect. Our favourite version of this song was a cover version by Wheatus and that gives us a perfect excuse to select the Wheatus song “Teenage Dirtbag” as our link this week…




An the winner as chosen by @wotterface .... dus be ....... @kelsoterrier! Yay well done me pal first one of 2015 under your belt or should I say medallion Kelos heehee. You be choosin next week.

Ere wot Wyn said: We genuinely couldn't decide this week so we had to narrow it down to a couple, write them on paper, throw them in the air and catch one...Orange Juice and Rip It Up. So congrats whoever that was! So many good links this week. Loving the dance and synth pop, the jug music and the various classics. Please don't make it so hard again! We really laughed at the Erasure/eraser confusion. 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 25th January 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment