Tuesday 2 June 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Twenty Sixth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 226 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiv Mrs Robinson from Simon and Garfunkel. Let's see wot we dus gotted dis week!

@kelsoterrier
*Scratches head* *Scratches nether regions* Stops scratching fir a minit to think of a link. Hmm, Mrs Robinson. Well, ok, this song was written for the famous cult film "The Graduate". When you graduate you usually do this at a ceremony where you get your degree certificate. So we've got a cult film and a ceremony. Eureka! The Cult had a fabby album called Ceremony! So for my link this week I'm going to choose my favorite song from that album what be Wild Hearted Son. 

@wotterface
So well done Lex on picking last week's winner of Simon and Barfunkel with Mrs Robinson. It just so happens I read an interview with Mr Barfunkel this week where he said some not very nice things about Mr Simon and basically said they will never perform together again (he doesn't seem a very nice person at all, unfortunately) .

This got me thinking and researching bands where the band mates don't like each other. I could have gone with an Oasis track as they're well known for fighting, as were The Police.

But in honour of the man who would fall out with himself if he was the only person in the room, I've chosen Guns n Roses with Paradise City. Please Mr Axl, calm down.




@terenceterrier
So yoo winned AGIN ! Dis time wiv Mrs Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel. Dis songy woz from the film The Graduate wot starred Dustin Hoffman. Da next film wot he starred in woz Midnight Cowboy. So my linky I chooses da feem toon from dis wot be Everybody's Talking by Harry Nilsso.


@sonikebt
Lexie won last week with "Mrs Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel. Paul Simon's 1986 album was called "Graceland" which was also Elvis' home. Elvis had a hit with "Hound Dog" and we know that everyone loves a hound especially Kate Bush with our link this week "Hounds of Love.


 
@skye613
Nice win Lexie. Love the tune that come out in 1968 on the Bookends album. Was a very good year 1968. Taking a trip down memory lane I realized Ben could be saying to Mrs. Robinson "If morning's echo says we've sinned, well, it was what I wanted now."




@bunnersandharvs
Well so here we goes wid anuther linky and one dat being all about luving someone wot is older dan you or affurs and well dis gots us thinking dat it all just keerazy dat luv thing and dat gots us thinking bowt da songy by Elvis called 'Crazy Little Think Called Love'. So dat our linky dis week cos nun of it eva makes sense to us. Good luck wid chosin da chainy, Lexie's Dad. Happy week evapawdy. xx



 
@maggietkat
Well done Lexi with Simon and Garfunkel's Mrs. Robinson. The last verse talks about Joltin' Joe, Joe DiMaggio who played shortstop for the New York Yankees. In 1954 Joe married Marilyn Monroe but the marriage lasted less than a year. A 1954 movie There's No Business Like Show Business starred Marilyn (and Ethyl Merman, David O'Connor). One of the songs is "After You Get What You Want". I remembered that the affair between Mrs. Robinson and Benjamin had it's ups and downs. So I think that anticipation and desire aren't always successful, otherwise known as "after you get what you want you don't want it".





An the winner as chosen by ........................ ma dad .......................... dus be ......................... Maggie! Yay. Well done me pal. Is you choosin next week.

Ere wot Dad said: Great links again. I though the Cult and Guns n Roses links were very good, funny. However, I think the idea of getting what you want then not wanting it any more is spot on. I'm going with Marilyn Monroe link. Well done.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 7th June 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment