Tuesday 30 June 2015

Lexie's Chain - The Two Hundred and Thirtieth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 230 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me (again pfftttt) wiv Chain Reaction from Diana Ross. Let's see what we got dis week:


@sonikebt
Last week Lexie set off a Chain Reaction with Diana Ross. This week we're joining the Jesus and Mary Chain, "Head on".




@diamondbertie
Well done with winning last week choosing Diana Ross and Chain Reaction, I choose for my link Sam Cooke singing Chain Gang.  We have three chains here :

1. Lexie's Chain
2. Chain Reaction (Diana Ross)
3. Chain Gang (Sam Cooke)



@maggietkat
Well done Lexie with Diana Ross doing "chain reaction". Chain reactions are chemistry whether between molecules or humans. I think the "Chain Lightning" could be a physical thing, too, although with Steely Dan it is hard to tell. 



@borderpup
Well dun to Lexie for winning - again! - with Diana Ross and Chain Reaction. Our linky is Goldie Lookin Chain with Fresh Prince of Cwmbran, because ... they wear chains and are no strangers to provoking a reaction! (Pawsonally I fink they would be a good choice for Glasto instead of a certain rapper who takes himself waaaay to seriously.)



@wotterface
Well last week's winner was you with Diana Ross and Chain Reaction, which is ace. The video very much reminded me of another (well, the 60's bit anyway) so my choice this week is Outcast with Hey Ya! See the similarities?



@terenceterrier
Larst week yoo winned da chainy wiv Diana Ross singing Chain Reaction wot be a songy we likes a lot. I'm not doin too well wiv my linkies so me n mum put our heads togeva. Cos mum haz science degree she immediately finked of da chain reaction caused by a nuclear exploshun like wot you get wiv nuclear bombs. She remembas lotsa Ban da Bomb protest marches in da news when she woz young. One of her favrit songs had da line ...if the button is pushed there is no running away ... referring to da red button wot launches da bomb of mass destruction n da fact yoo only hav 4 mins to get to yor underground bunker. So we gives yoo Barry McGuire n Eve of Destruction. It woz released in 1965 but fings just as bad now in da werld.




@kelsoterrier
Well my reaction to last week's chain winner was to think about Diana Ross's crazy hair - it always reminds me of a mahoosive microphone. A chain reaction is where something leads to a self-amplifying chain of events. *tenuous link alert* Such as emm one microphone leading to multiple microphones? If you had multiple microphones you could, of course, record stereophonic sound. Where am I going with this? Well The Stereophonics sang a chain reactiony type of song which was "A Thousand Trees" *sings* "It only takes one match to burn a thousand trees"




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…..last week you chose a song by the inimitable Diana Ross….she was one of the Supremes….a nice thing to eat is chicken supreme….so this made us think about the band the Dixie Chicks…and our linky this week is Wide Open Spaces by these lovely ladies….



Ere wot Dad said:  Blimey! Wot a lot of great links. I really like Goldie Looking Chain and Barry McGuire arghh!!! Both great links. Hmmm, but I have to go with Barry McGuire. Well done. I thought the Stereophonics link was funny. I too thought that of her hair.

So da winner as chosen by me dad dus be ................. @terenceterrier wiv Barry McGuire and Eve of Destruction. Well done me pal you choosin next week.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 5th July 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment