Sunday 9 August 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Thirty Sixth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 236 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiv Cilla Black and Anyone Oo Ad a Heart! Lets see wot we got dis week:

@diamondbertie
You clever one winning with Cilla Black singing Anyone Who Had a Heart. Another singer who had connections with the Beatles, in fact I believe the first to sign up to the Apple records was Mary Hopkins with Those were the days A little known fact the tune comes from an old Czech folk song, the words are also very similar.




@maggietkat
Well done Lexie. There are so many lows with love and breakups. However, Marvin Gaye found out worst way would be if "I heard it through the grapevine".





@terenceterrier
Larst week yoo winned wiv Cilla Black Anyone Who Had a Heart. As everyfur noes Cilla used to host a TV show called Surprise Surprise. My reeserch tells me dat One Direction appeared on dat show in 2012. Well I coulda given yoo da song dey sung ( using dat descripshun loosely) but fort I would spare yor poor Dad da agony of having to wotch a teeny bopper boy band so hunted more summat more suitable.  I finds a song (sorta) called Surprise Surprise wot be performed by Billy Talent n gives yoo live vershun Tucker style.




@skye613
Last week the DJ Lexie did win with " Anyone Who Had A Heart " & we know that the Pop gonna be choosing. So sorry this not techno. BOL! But going with the heart theme leads in only one direction for me. If you love anything you will lose a piece of your heart. The one & only Janis - Piece of My Heart.



@bunnersandharvs
So Lexie did have a great win last week wid Cilla Black's Anyone Who Had a Heart wot was written by Burtie Bacharach. We says dat if you has a heart you always want dat person to be well and happy and so you always says a little prayer fur dem too....so dat our linkie dis week "Say a Little Prayer" it wos also written by Burt Bacharach. We also says dat when you luvs you always stay in someone's heart so you always together forever and ever. For me there is no one else but you. Hit it Aretha.



@claptonterrier
hello Miss Lexie…last week you chose a song by Cilla Black so the obvious choice for me this week is Blind Date by Barbara Streisand!




@sonikebt
The winning link from @djladylexie last week was by Cilla Black. Paul McCartney was one of Cilla's pals so we have chosen "Mull of Kintyre" as our link this week coz Mull is our fav Scottish Island & we are on our hols there this week.





So the winner, as chosen by ma dad ..................................................... dus be ................................ @diamondbertie and Mary Opkins wiv Those Were The Days ... because they were.

Ere wot dad said; Well that was a lorra lorra fun. Lots of great links (see what I did there!) but there can be only one as Highlander says so I choose .... number  

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 26th July 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment