Tuesday 6 October 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred Forty Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 244 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Terence wiv They Is Comin To Take Me Away Ha Ha Hee Hee. That is not about me :).

@diamondbertie
Well done @terenceterrier, I really smiled at your choice of Mad Hatter with They're Coming To Take Me Away. Alice in Wonderland does allude to mind bending drugs in many parts of his books. My choice of a link is The Beatles and their song Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds which is unashamedly about LSD and I'm not referring to old pounds shillings and pence.




@claptonterrier
last week Sir Terence chose a funny song and illustrated it with a clip from a film featuring Johnny Depp…..Mr Depp’s best known role is as Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean films….he said he modelled his character on Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones…so this week our link is Moonlight Mile by the Rolling Stones…




 @skye613
Congrats to Tantrum Terence! Ma head is hurting from trying to link this tune but here goes. As Terence told us the winner last week was originally done by Napoleon XIV , who was actually Jerry Samuels a recording engineer. This novelty recording was further enhanced by the same tune recorded on the B side in reverse. Ahhh B sides My link this week is the B side of " Reason to Believe " . Which actually gave Rod Stewart his first #1 in the US.




@sonikebt
TerenceTerrier did win last week with a song by NeuroticFish about a man being taken to the funny farm. Now Fish is the name of the former frontman from Marillion who has a recording studio called The Funny Farm. So, since I'm sure we all love a bit of neo-prog rock, our link this week is "Kaleigh" by Marillion.




@djladylexie
Terence won wiv being taken off by the men in white coats. The men in white being doctors and in this case for doolally people. Some  people believe in aliens you know and some consider them mad too. Course, luckily the men in black tell us that there are aliens coz they are alien hunters as we all know. So, I chooses Will Smif and Men In Black.




An da winner as chosened by Terence dus be ........................................... Skye wiv Rod Stewart an Maggie May. A triumphant return me pal! Well done. So you choosin next time Skye.

Ere wot Tel said: ello Lexie. After mutch careful considerayshun I chooses linky numba 3 – da old rocker Rod Stewart wiv “Maggie May” . I duss likes to see a good linky speshally wen it arrives at one of my favrit songs. Mr Rod woz on Strictly tonite too so dat mite hav influenced me.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 11th October 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment