Tuesday 24 November 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fifty First Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 251 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Terence wiv Moody Blues and Nights In White Satin. So let's see what we gots.

@wotterface
Last week's winner was Moody Blues with Nights in White Satin. I've often heard people being a bit confused as they think it's Knights in White Satin, which is silly. So my choice this week is another misunderstood lyric. Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze. Excuse me while I kiss this guy.




@djladylexie
Moody Blues Nights In White Satin. Great tune. Justin Hayward was the lead singer of The Moody Blues. Justin Hayward appeared on the fabulous Rick Wakeman album Return To the Centre Of The Earth. Rick Wakeman was the keyboard player for prog rock band Yes. I am choosing Owner Of A Lonely Heart, another song about the pain of love.




@skye613
And the dude Terence does win again. Good job! So " Nights In White Satin " was featured in season 5 of a favorite TV show, Fringe. Strange show that we loved here in ma dog house. There were 3 main characters, Olivia, Peter and Walter. My linky choice " Do You Remember Walter "





@cloonfourmegan
Last week Terence won with Nights in White Satin by da Moody Blues. Last week was very sad and more sad things have happened since and I wanted our moody not to be so blue so I is now In the Mood for Dancing and here be the Nolans help wiv that.





@maggietkat
Well done with Nights in White Satin. If I think about the title, I imagine white satin dresses and sheets. Sounds like someone might be Makin' Whoopee! This version is by Rickie Lee Jones and Dr. John which was featured in Sleepless in Seattle.





@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week we had a song about Knights in White Satin….how very posh this sounds…but I don’t think it is quite the right look for scruffy terriers and so I have chosen a song about some more basic attire and my link this week is “Blue Jeans and White T Shirts” by Gaslight Anthem…





@sonikebt
@terenceterrier won last week with Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues. When Justin Haywood was 17 he signed a publishing deal with Lonnie Donegan, "The King of Skiffle" who influenced some of the biggest names in Rock such as Roger Daltry. So, our link this week is from The Who with "My Generation".





An da winner as chosened by Tel dus be ....................................... @sonikebt wiv My Generation from da Who! Yay, well done me pal, you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Terence said: An interestin selekshun of linkies dis week. How well da chainers noes us here – two by groups wot Mum bin to see live. We likes a cleva linky leadin to a supa toon n it help if da video be speshull. Afta much hummin n hahrin I goes wiv linky 7 – The Who wiv “My Generation” . Luvved da Mods n Rockers at Margate footage n Mum denies any involvement in da mayhem on da beach.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 29th November 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment