Sunday 15 November 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fiftieth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 250 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Maggie wiv Blues in the Night, Liza Minnelli! Lets see what we got dis week.,

@diamondbertie
Last week, well done Maggietkat with Liza Minnelli singing Blue in the Night. I really had to scratch my head with this one it's got me thinking of the film cabaret and Liza Minnelli and of course Joel Vrey he sang Wilkommen Cabaret - the whole film was very sad.




@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Maggie winned wiv Blues in the Night singed by Lisa Minelli.  A real fillip for poorly kitteh. For my linky I pull out da werd Blues n goes wiv da group The Moody Blues I also pull out da werd Nightâ and goes wiv their well known hit from da 60s Nights in White Satin.




@wotterface
Last week's winner was a song by Liza Minelli and it was mentioned that she was Judy Garland's daughter. So out choice this week is the band Daughter with their song Youth X.




@skye613
I had an entirely different link until Friday. With  respect to the events in Paris and those who will never return to their loved ones, human and animal, my link this week is If I Could Be Where You Are.




@claptonterrier
Hello….Miss Lexie…last week Miss Maggie chose a song by Liza Minelli…of course Miss Liza is the daughter of Judy Garland..and that made us think of other famous musical offspring…so this week our link is by Nora Jones…the daughter of sitar-virtuoso Ravi Shankar…and her song “Sunrise”.



@sonikebt
Can't think of the right thing to say this week so hopefully this music says it for us. #jesuisparis




@djladylexie
Paris, Beirut, Lebanon all the death it is terrible and beyond words. I  have chosen Westlife and I'll See You Again.



Ere wot Maggie said: Very hard chain this week. In the end, I chose Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues. I decided to stick to the spirit of the chain. I encourage everyone to listen to the tunes which honor the Paris devastation. I love both the daughter links. However, Days of Future Past was the first album I purchased (at the 5 and dime) so I had to give the nod to the Moody Blues.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 22nd November 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment