Monday 14 December 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fifty Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 254 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Megan wiv K D Lang and Hallelujah. Letr's see what we got dis week:

@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie..last week we had a song called “hallelujah”… we have not strayed far from that theme this week…Hallelujah means praise the Lord and so this week our linky is “Praise You” by Fatboy Slim.





@maggietkat
Well done with "Hallelujah". Leonard Cohen was a poet and composer. One of his poems "Suzanne lay me down" was transformed into a song "Suzanne". The song was recorded by many artists, but the version I associate with the song is by Neil Diamond.



@skye613
Congrats to @cloonfourmegan . "Hallelujah " is, as you said, perhaps the best known song of Leonard Cohens having been covered more than 60 times. My choice this week is another cover of a Leonard Cohen song. This was released on Judy Collins Wildflowers album . M played that album until it warped. BOL





@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Megan winned wiv “Hallelujah” singed by K D Lang but writted by Leonard Cohen. Dis luvvly songy bin covered by lotsa artists. I discover dat one veshun be in “Shrek” wot be a film wot we often see at Crispmouse on da telly. So I looks for unnuva songy from da fillum n chooses “I’m on my way” by The Proclaimers cos it be a happy toon to cheer Megan up cos she pooly afta mergency op.




@djladylexie
Nice cover of Hallelujah from K D Lang. She sang the song live at the Winter Olympics in 2010 wot was in Vancouver. Joni Mitchell also sang at the cerenomy. she sang Both Sides Now. So I dus be gowin wiv Both Sides Now.




An da winner as chosened by Megan dus be ....................................... Clapton wiv Fat Boy Slim and Priase You ! Yay, well done me pal, you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Megan said: Oooh what lovely clever linkys. I iz recovering from my op and this do have cheered me up proper! It be very hard to choose but I does go wiv Linky 1 cos it be clever, a good toon and we luvs the video! Mum wants to be in dat dance troupe!

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 20th December (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment