Monday 28 March 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Sixty Ninth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 269 of #lexieschain. Before we gets to the chainy I want to just have a moment for our dearest pal @bunnersandharvs Harvey who went OTRB this weekend. We will miss you ma pal and fanks for all the fun linkies you has played over the years. *bows head*.

Last week the winner was Bertie wiv Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep from Middle of the Road. Let's see wots we got this week.

@pepperandspot
Last week @dismondbertie played a blinder with that great dong "chirpy chirpy cheep cheep. By Middle of the road . well we are on the road in our holibobs waghon and this brings us to thinking of good road songs .so Custard chose this link (I felt I should as I gave him a black eye. ) the Eagle's album 'long road out of Eden. The track is the same name.



@maggietkat
Well done bErtie with Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep. When I think of birdies, I think of marauding kitties. So, my tune of the week is Natalie Merchant in Timbuk 3 performing Facts about Cats (cats eat birds). 

http://youtu.be/aFT-TQfCrGU

@tereneterrier
Last week Uncle Bertie broke his duck ( note bird link !) by winning #lexieschain with “Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep” by Middle Of The Road. I have thought of another corn – y (another bird link !) track to use as my entry.  Since Birdies sing chirpy chirpy cheep cheep I give you “The Birdie Song” . It has been performed by many people but since this competition is on Twitter I give you the version by The Tweets.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Diamond Bertie won wiv earworm song Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep. That was sung by Glasgow band Middle of the Road. Another Glasgow band of the seventies whose songs get stuck in your head were the Bay City Rollers and last night I heard my mama singing this song.




@wotterface
Last week's winner was @diamondbertie with the earworm by Middle of the Road - Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep. There was an episode of the comedy series Father Ted called Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep about a prize winning sheep who couldn't stop burping which I always think of when I hear this song. So, my choice for today's chain is the theme tune for Father Ted. Songs of Love by the Divine Comedy. What better for Easter Sunday than the theme tune to a sitcom about priests?!




@claptonterrier
Last week Bertie chose a song by the band Middle of the Road…of course, pop history is littered with songs about the road and its many twists and turns….one of our very favourite of these refers to a famous avenue in New Jersey…..10th Avenue Freeze Out by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band…




@sonikebt
Well done @diamondbertie for winning the chain last week with "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" by Middle of the Road. One of the original members of the band, Ken Andrew, comes from a small Scottish town called Bearsden. He is not the only famous "rockstar" who lived in the town. Mark Knopfler went to the local primary school (as did Darius but we're going to ignore that). We all know that Knopfler was a member of Dire Straits but he has also composed film soundtracks. Our link this 
week is the theme from a film by the wonderful Bill Forsyth and for our "Local Hero" - Mark 
Knopfler. 



@skye613
Always learning from the Lexieschainy. Congrats Bertie ! May be taking the easy way out this week but I couldn't get the Pretenders out of my mind when I saw the name of the band. Happy holiday pals! 



@djladylexie
Well done Bertie! Well now, did you know that Mac and Katie Kissoon also had a hit wiv dat song? Now then, did you further know that Katie Kissoon was a backing singer for many famous artists. Well, one such artist she performed wiv was old slowhand himself, yes that's right Eric Clapton. Katie sang with Eric on Wonderful Tonight so that me choice. Eric Clapton wiv Wonderful Tonight.




An da winner as choosed by Bertie dus be ..................  on flippin flip!  Is me again pfttttt. Errr .. me dad gonna decide again then. 

Ere wot Bertie said: It was a tough choice, so here goes. The Eagles - Long Road to Freedom a good link and atmospheric. The Birdie Song by the Tweets, such a fun song, best enjoyed with a happy crowd very slightly tipsy. Local Hero by Mark Knopfler, a lovely film haunting tune and a great link. My choice of winner is
Drum roll...............

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight. A talented artist and a great link.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 3rd April 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment