Thursday 22 September 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Ninety Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 294 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Skye wiv Sound of Silence by Disturbed. Let's see what we go this week:

@maggietkat
Well done Skye with Disturbed and Sounds of Silence. I thought a lot and a lot, and figured I would pick out disturbing lyrics in an album you had to play at 11 when you were at university.  Here are the Violent Femmes with "Country Death Song".




@cloonfourmegan
Well done Skye for winning last week with the Sound of Silence. We continue with the theme of Sound and choose a totally different time song The Sound of the Suburbs. The antidote to boring Sunday mornings!



@wotterface
Last week the winner was a cover version of "Sound of Silence" so we've gone with another song about silence that has lots of cover versions, I'm choosing the original though...Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence.





@terenceterrier
Okie doxie I needs a linky to follow on from “Sound of Silence” singed by some very scary lookin blokes wot were Disturbed. My linky be a nifty side step to “Silence Is Golden” but I goes for a diffrent vershun to da 1960’s original. Dis be by Jim Jidhed who be a Swedish rock singer.




@sonikebt
@Skye613 won the chain with "Sound of Silence". We think that music is the Art of Noise and our link this week is their song "Moments in Love".




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week Miss SKye won with the Sound of Silence….when looking at this song we noticed that it was no.1 in the American charts on 1 January 1966 …which was the year that my ancient typist was born…so our link this week is the song that was no.1 in the American charts on the last day of 1966…I’m a Believer by The MOnkeess.




@djladylexie
Wow what a song! That has totally changed my view of that songy. Well anyway, let me find a linky. Disturbed I read has a mascot called The Guy, originally just a drawing of a face with a large grin. That got me finkin, wot uvva bands as ad a mascot.

I fink ma most favourite as got to be Pink Floyd wiv the pig wot first appeared around 1977 when Floyd begain their In The Flesh tour. Pig also appears in The Wall concerts and I am choosing annuva dark (to me anyway) song from The Wall, This has also been covered by others. Comfortably Numb.

Aside: THE best album to movie in the world ever... FACT.





An da winner as chosened by Maggie dus be ................... oh flippin flip!! Grrr is me again oh blimey I dussnt like keep winnin! Oh dad not gonna be appy.

Ere wot Skye  said: Fabulous links this week! Loved #3 but the link that connected via mascots was brilliant. Winner this week #7. Fact! 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 25th September 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment