Sunday 25 September 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Ninety Fifth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 295 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiph Comfortably Numb from Pink Floyd. Let's see what we gots:-

@skye613
"Comfortably Numb" was a song of my youth. Pink Floyd spoke the words of a generation. Along down the road we traipse as each year goes by. And now with a " Touch Of Grey " , the words still resonate.


@cloonfourmegan
Lexie won with Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb last week. Back in the day the Floyd did benefit gigs for the International Times which reported the squatter activism of the brother of a man in the news this week. Piers Corbyn older bro of Jezzer. These days Piers forecasts weather so we pick some Weathergirls with the fantastic It's Raining Men!




@diamondbertie
Well done with your choice of Pink Floyd and Comfortably Numb, a dark and rhythmic piece, my mind kept swinging to Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel.



@maggietkat
Well done Lexi with Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. I got thinking about mascots and realized that many are animals. Eric Burden was to obvious, so I thunk some more. Animals can be pets. Aha! Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys (so named because the music was Brian's "pet sounds" he was experimenting with not to mention LSD). My link this week is the hauntingly beautiful number about the loss of innocence, " Caroline No".



@terenceterrier
Sits down pals n put ya paws up. Paw yerself a Baileys cos we may be here a while. Larst week Lexie tells us abowt da macot wot wos a face wiv a grin. I fink dis mite be a smiley. Smileys can be summat wot da druggies take. According to da Talk to Frank website Smileys be da substance piperazine. (WOT ! do dese nimcompoops know dey be taking wormer tablets ? But I digress  ... ) Dis chemical mimics da effects of da drug ecstasy n bowf be stimulants. Annuva in dis category be dextroamphetamine wot  be known as Dexies. * Da group Dexys Midnight Runners took their name afta dis. They had a hit wiv “ Come On Eileen” wot gonna  be my linky *prods pals to wake dem up.




@sonikebt
Well done Lexie winning the chain last week with Pink Floyd. Our boy has just discovered Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon thanks to his physics teacher (apparently all physics teachers like this album). So this got us thinking about bands who have made concept albums & one of our favourites from 70's era was Genesis. Our link this week is our most favourite Genesis song - " Follow You Follow Me"




Ere wot me dad said: all great links. Love Genesis! But I liked the dexies link very err .... comprehensive! I'm going with that. Well done all.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 2nd October 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment