Wednesday 22 February 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Sixteenth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 316 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was El Tel wiv The Bike Song, Mark Ronson . Let's see what we gots this week:

@diamondbertie
Last week @TerenceTerrier won with The Bike Song by Mark Ronson, this got me thinking of a hilarious animated film called Belleville Rendez-vous and song The Triplets of Belleville even if I don't win I want to share this YouTube clip it too funny to keep to myself.



@cloonfourmegan
Terence won last week with Mark Ronson's Bicycle Song. Mark Ronson's biggest hit was Uptown Funk with vocals by Bruno Mars. This is our favourite Bruno Mars song and we love the joyous video too



@skye613
" What a long strange trip it's been, "  Think I should have ridden my bike. Nothing was coming to this paw for a link this week. Decided to take a look at Mark Ronson. Sure there's " Uptown Funk " but what else. On March 17, 2014,  Mark gave a TED Talk, basically defining sampling. To simplify, sampling is taking a small piece of recorded music and using it. Mostly these pieces are used in a loop and in Hip Hop. But the most sampled recording artist of all time is James Brown! My linky this week " I Feel Good " Thanks, James!




@claptonterrier
Sir Terence chose a song by Mark Ronson as the winning linky…we see that he was born on 4 February 1975….so we used the clever internet to see what other things happened in music history on 4 February…and we saw that the Beatles recorded Across the Universe on 4 Feb 1968…and so this week our linky is a version of that song sung by Rufus Wainwright…(because all the Beatles videos on Youtube seem to be blocked!!)…pffft.




@maggietkat
Well done with "The Bike Song". I figure there are 2 things in the song, transportation and a city. I thought we would transport ourselves to New Orleans and take in some sights. To do this, Paul Simon is going to "Take me to the Mardi Gras". After all, Mardi Gras this week!




@daisy_dor
Congrats Terence on you victory last week wiv "The Bike Song" by Mark Ronson. Not a song dat I knew and it always good to broaden your horizons. My linky this week sticks to the bicycling theme .... and wiv a simple substitution of the word "pushbike" for "bike" we move from Mark Ronson to The Mixtures (not them Mungo Jerry lot wot covered it 20 years later). So der we go, I gives you The Pushbike Song by The Mixtures.




@sonikebt
Last week's winner was @terenceterrier with "The Bike Song" by Mark Ronson and The Business intl. Mark Ronson has an impressive list of collaborations however we are going with a song he produced in the same year as "The Bike Song" - 2010. Mark was a fan of this band and wanted to produce the album he thought they should have after the success of Rio. The song is "All you need is Now" by Duran Duran.




@djladylexie
The singer on The Bike Song features the rapper Spank Rock. Dat dus be a very strange name me finks. Using the power of google we decided to look up the worse rapper name sof all time. Well I certainly ain't gonna tell you the no 1 wurst name, cos is very rude! So we goin wiv da number 1 most famus rapper instead that dus be Snoop Dog, must be good as he's got dog in the name!). So here be a song from Snoop Dog (what was snoop doggy dog). Drop it like it's hot. Hope that's not rude!




An da winner as chosen by .................  Tel dus be ........... Megan wiph  Marry You, Bruno Mars . Well done me pal! You choosin next week.

Ere wot Tel said: Fanks my pals for da 8 linkies. Yoo all werked very hard dis week ! I went back n forth between dem finding it so hard to decide cos da linkies were very clever n I liked lots of da songs. Finally wiv a bit of help from da other furs here I choose linky numba 2 wot be Bruno Mars n "Marry You" We luvved da mob dance video n it be a cheerful bop along songy. 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 26th February 2017 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment