Friday 15 June 2018

Lexie's Chain: Three Hundred and Eighty Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 284 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was Terence wiv Three Dog Night an I've Never Been To Spain. Let's see what we got this week:

@claptonterrier
last week Sir Terence reminded us that he had never been to Spain….which is odd as I thought everyone had been to Spain…I wonder where he has been in that case….do you think he will tell us….no?…well, I am reminded by trip advisor that San Francisco is very nice at this time of year…so If You’re Going to San Francisco Sir Terence...….




@limeoscar
Well now, good on Sir T for winning wiv Three Dog Night, I’ve never been to Spain. In the song he sings that he haz bin to Oaklahoma, so we could go there ... but that would be far too obvious! So instead we looked up the song as we had not heard it before and woz surprised to see it had been covered by so many people, not least The King himself at his 1972 Madison Square Garden concert.  Here he is having fun with another of his hits from the same concert: we gives you Elvis Presley’s Hound Dog . . . Thanyou, thanyou ver much, folks *in best Elvis voice*.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Terence did win with Three Dog Night and Never Been to Spain. We’d never heard of this group so we did a bit of research and found they had worked with lots of famous songwriters including Randy Newman  on Mama Told Me Not To Come. We like that song but we did choose another Randy Newman song which we dedicate to our twitter pals.




@maggietkat
Well done Sir T with I've never been to Spain by the Three Dog Night. Luv that tune! Going to Spain is taking a holiday, something I need to do! I chose “Vacation ” by the Go-Gos since it is about taking holiday.




@djladylexie
Never been to spain? Oh, well this year I am off to sunny spain! Oooo I feel a song comin on!




An da winner ............ as chosened by Terence ..................... dus be ..............................  Oscar!  Yay! You choosin me pal!

Ere wot Tel said: Fanks for da linkies my pals. I duss appawciate a well researched linky n a good songy so I chooses linky numba 2 wot be Elvis Presley n "Hound Dog". 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 19th June 2018 (ges it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment