Friday 29 June 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Eighty Sixth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 386 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was me wiv Pretty Woman from Roy Orbison. Let's see what we got this week:

@cloonfourmegan
Last week you LEXIE did win wiv Pretty Woman sung by Roy Orbison. That song was in the film of the same name starring Julia Roberts. She was also around that time in another great film My Best Friends Wedding where the cast sings another great song Say A Little Prayer For You.




@claptonterrier
ello Lady Lexie…last week our winner was the song Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison…that of course made us think about the film Pretty Woman starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts…so we googled Richard Gere to see if he had any musical links and we saw an interview in Rolling Stone Magazine entitled “Richard Gere: Heartbreaker” so of course our linky this week has written itself and it is Heartbreaker by the Rolling Stones…




@limeoscar
Well, so well done Lexie with Roy Orbison’s Oh Pretty Woman.  Did you know this was covered by Van Halen in the early eighties (tis true ... go look it up for the most unlikely version you will ever hear!).  So anyway, Van Halen: well probably their most successful hit was Jump and so this does be our linky this week.  In 2012 PRS for Music polled it’s members for the most popular sporting song in the run up to the Olympics and Jump was voted number 1!  We think this version is most inspiring … *imagines Lexie’s Dad borrowing lead singer’s outfit for karaoke pawformance, all pouty & complete with splits & jumps* 😳😆.




@terenceterrier
Wowser we gots spooky shivers when we saw Dame Lexie's winning linky wot woz  "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison . Dat woz one of Grandpaw's favrit songs n it picked in da same week as wot he died. He also luvved watching footie n woulda been glued to da telly at da mo wotchin da World Cup games in Russia. So for my linky I look for annuva song writted in da 60's n I gonna give yoo " Back in the USSR" n it be a live vershun by Paul McCartney in Moscow Red Square Russia.




Ere wot dad said:  Excellent links everyone. Van Halen won it for me although I think I'd split my difference if I tried that! 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 3rd July 2018 (ges it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment