Friday 31 August 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Ninety Fifth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 395 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was me wiph Me Ol Bamboo from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Let's see what we go dis week.

@terenceterrier
Larst week Dame Lexie did win wiv "Me 'Ol Bamboo" wot be a song from da film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. CCBB be an Old Banger. So for my linky I looks for annuva song abowt an Old Banger in a film. Dis one be a T Bird n it be restored to its former glory in da film. For my linky I gives you " Greased Lighting" from da film Grease.




@maggietkat
Well done Dame Lexie with Me O’Bamboo from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I think about bamboo I think about warm climates. There was an old calypso song by the Four Seasons about a gal in a bamboo hut. Here is “Marianne”.



@cloonfourmegan
Last week you did win wiv Dick Van Dyke and Me Old Bamboo. There was also a Van Dyck wiv slightly different spelling wot did be an artist. There was a song by Don Maclean about another artist wiv Van in his name Vincent.





@limeoscar
Well done Lexie with her song from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, in which the lyrics only count up to 7, did ya notice that?  Not quite 007, but then our linky isn’t quite a Bond theme either.  We’ve chosen Shirley Bassey's Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, a sultry serenade of a suave, smooth & sophisticated cool dude . . . much like Lexie’s dad we’re thinking!  Alas, it was a step too far as United Artists requested a theme containing the film title, so they had Mr Jones sing Thunderball instead.  Incidentally, the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang musical was based on a novel written by Ian Flemming and as song with Bang Bang in the title, we love this triple linky, along with this version that has iconic 60’s Thunderboll imagery to put you in the mood . . .




An da winner as chosen by the dad dust be .................................... no 4. Yay dat mean you win Oscar so you chooses next week.

Ere wot me dad said: I love a bit of Shirley and an excellent link. All were great entries.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 4th September 2018 (get it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment