Sunday 7 October 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Ninety Ninth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 399 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner wos Clapton. Let's see what we got dis week and who is da winner!

@cloonfourmegan
Last week Sir Clapton won with The Boss and Paradise Under the C. As soon as we heard this we couldn’t stop singing another paradise song by the great Meatloaf .




@terenceterrier
Larst week our little woolly pal Sir C did win wiv Bruce Springstein and "Paradise by the Big C". I learns dat his surname is of Dutch origin n means summat like a stepping stone between houses. From dat I gonna step to a rolling stone.  To da  song " Like A Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan cos Bob woz a big influence on Bruce. But I can do a dubble linky here cos I finds a vershun of da song by da Rolling Stones. Since Halloween be approaching I gives yoo da live vershun from Coventry this year. ( hides behind sofa - dey look very scary n dey murdering a classic Dylan numba).




@limeoscar
So Clapton gave us The Boss with Paradise by the C.  When this was first played, they all thought it was Sea not C, but it’s really as simple as ABC, so that does be our linky this week the Jackson 5 with ABC.



@djladylexie
Me linky is hell. Wot you say!? Well, Springsteen went on tour wiv his band and went to Australia where he dun a cover version of Highway to Hell in honour of Bon Scott of ACDC. So me gonna choose annuva ACDC song - Hells Bells - released after the death of Bon Scott as their comeback album.




@maggietkat
Well done Clapton with “Paradise by the C” featuring Clarence “Big Man” Brown. I do love those saxes so I looked and looked for other sax rock and roll players. I found Sonny “The Colossus” Rollins who sits in with the Stones' “Waiting on a Friend”. Get it? Big sax players?





An da winner as chosen by Clappers dust be .................................... Terence! Yay dat mean you dust win so you chooses next week me pal Tel.

Ere wot CT said:  Hello Miss Lexie and apologies for the delayed results. We have been jetting around Europe. Anyhoo, we have perused this week’s linkys and we have made our choice. We have selected linky no.2 Like a Rolling Stone…it picks up three of our favourite musicians….so what’s not to like? Hurrah

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 9th October 2018 (get it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment