Saturday 17 November 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Four Hundred and Fifth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 405 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner wos Terence wiph Hallelujah. Let's see what we got dis week and who is da winner!

@limeoscar
Well, Ella Fitzgerald … only one way to go from the Queen of Jazz and that’s to The King.  I give you Mr Elvis Presley, The King of Rock and Roll, who has such a plethora of music we could choose from but we picked this very early recording of Blue Moon, a song which Ella herself was known for.  This version by Elvis was recorded in 1954 at Sun Studios and released on his debut album in 1956.  Thanyooo, Thanyooo ver much "Elvis has left the building".




@terenceterrier
Larst week Dame Lexie did win wiv Ella Fitzgerald singing " Ev'ry time we say goodbye".  * Finks* there duss seem to be a lotta "goodbyes" going on but on da uvver paw wen he come back there be a lotta "hellos". So for my linky I gonna give yoo "Hello Goodbye" wot woz writted by Paul McCartney. But to be diffrent I gonna use da vershun by The Cure. Paul's son James is da happy chappy yoo can see playing the keyboard so it duss link to da original . Sorta.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week you gone and won it wiv Ella and Every Time We Say Goodbye. We stick with the goodbye theme and give you the Tartan Legends that were the Bay City Rollers and Bye Bye Baby.




@maggietkat
Well done Lexie with “every time we say good bye”.  Lexie said that Ella Fitzgerald also recorded this song. Ella was famous for her “scat singing” vocalizing along with the band. Louis Prima was also a famous scat artist and probably best known in Disney's Jungle Book with “ I Wanna Be Like You”.



An da winner as decided by me dad dus be .......................................  Maggie! You choosin next time me pal.

Ere is wot Me dad said: I choose Jungle Book because ... Iceland ... Orangutans ... go Orangutans!

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 22nd November 2018 (get it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment