Saturday 24 November 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Four Hundred and Sixth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 406 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner wos Maggie wiph Jungle Book I wanna be like you ooooo oooo. Let's see what we got dis week and who is da winner!

@cloonfourmegan
Last week Maggie did win wiv Louis Rimer and I want to be like you. This song be from the Jungle Book animated film and sings about a monkey who wants to be a man. So we give you The Specials singing about the Monkey Man.




@claptonterrier
Hello Lady Lexie…this week I am registering a protest about last week’s chain….your dad claimed he chose the clip because of the Orangutan…but I am told that King Luie was not an orang-utan because Organutans are not native to India where the Jungle Book was set….I can hear him now shouting ‘Hey! I’m a monkey!”…so this week our link is, ahem,,,”Hey Hey we're the Monkees!”




@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Maggie did win wiv da songy "I want to be like you" wot be from da film Jungle Book. Dis week a new series of " I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" started wot be filmed in da Australian Jungle. One of da peeps in it be John Barrowman who be best known in dis house as Capt Jack Harkness in Torchwood. Da moosic in dat series be pretty naff so I give yoo his song "What About Us" instead.




@diamondbertie
Well done Maggie. I love Jungle Book and I want to be like you is so funny. I thought immeditely of Cab Calloway singing Minnie the Moocher, the video is equally brilliant.




@djladylexie
Oh ooo be doo I wanna be like youuuuu ooo ooo. Love dat song. So many great songs in Jungle Book. Another great one was Bare Necessities, sung by the great Satchmo, Louis Armstrong. I wanna be like you was sung by Louis Prima, Louise and Louis New Orleans were both well kn own for their New Orleans jazz style. New Orleans jazz has a swinging, stomping, syncopated beat that you just can't help but dance to. So, get those paws tappin and dance along to dis great number, probably the most well know of them all, from the greatest man out of New Orleans, Satchmo. Oh when those saints go marchin in!




An da winner as decided by Maggie ...... dus ............. be ........... Clapton! You choosin next time me pal.

Ere is wot Maggie said: Well done everyone! So many great links, you all know my faves! One link had a very logical argument leading to the song. I chose “Hey Hey we're the monkees”  

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 29th November 2018 (get it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment