Sunday 25 September 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Thirty-Eighth Chain

Hello pals.! Welcome to Week 38 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to me to choose da winner. So, last week da link was Tom Jones, Sex Bomb! Let's see wot ideas come in dis week:

@i_am_fuzzy
tom jones is one of many singer who've sang the james bond theme tune (thunderball.....i hadn't heard of it until the lottery did...erm thunderball) they're all pretty good, but my favourite is carly simon 'nobody does it better' from the spy who loved me.


@bvfeyj (Tucker) 
Me finded novver weird linky dis time. "After the Lovin'" by Engelbert Humperdinck. Why? Dere is lots ob links! Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck boff from da UK and dose not dey real names. Boff worked wif manager Gordon Mills who gibbed dem dose names. (Tom Jones from movie ob same name & Engelbert Humperdinck from composer ob “Hansel & Gretel”) Boff had tuberculosis. Boff had dey own TV show, boff winned Grammy awards, boff hab stars on Hollywood Walk ob Fame and boff still active popular performers today.


@borderpup
I choose 'Road Rage' by Catatonia, because Tom Jones did a duet wiv Cerys ('Baby Its Cold Outside') an before dat, Cerys was lead singer wiv Catatonia. Simples! Oh, and we like the way she says rrrrrage!



@Rossi_Dog
What to follow Sex Bomb with? We love Tom Jones - he did sing the song for 'Thunderball', a James Bond movie. Shirley Bassey also sang some Bond tunes and like Mr.Jones comes from Wales (as does my Dad), so we'd like to propose Shirley singing ' Goldfinger ' - turn the volume up and marvel at the range darlings BOL!


@Kelsoterrier
Sex Bomb by Tom Jones woz featured in a valentines day edition ov da Simpsons when Homer accidentally plays song for young Maggie at bedtime ravver dan Marge. Like Tom Jones, Rod Stewart is considered a sex symbol and so I hav chosen a song by Rod dat fits in wif Simpsons reference which Iz Maggie May ;-).


@terenceterrier
Last week’s track was Sex Bomb by Tom Jones who is a well known sexy singer from Wales. For my linky I am going with another sexy singer from Wales - Katherine Jenkins . She is the official mascot for the Wales rugby union team. She regularly sang the Welsh national anthem "Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau" at Welsh international rugby union matches so I am selecting that as my linky . Bit different methinks to the usual run of the mill pop songs that appear in the chain.


@maggietkat
I am going to be totally feline, and my choice has to do only with the sexy theme in the Tom Jones video. I love, and choose, the Hot chocolate song, I Believe in Miracles (You Sexy Thing).  I love it even more when lip synced by the mouse in this video.



@diamondbertie
I have an idea for the link, Mover Over Darling by Doris Day. WHY? Tom Jones is a natural Sex Bomb, but I go for the more subtle approach - Doris Day was the good girl next door, but listen to the words. Need I say more.


@tartan_terriers
our linky is.. Space and Cerys Mathews - The ballad of Tom Jones. Why? Erm...just cos we think its funny.. ;)



@bunnersandharvs
wEeZ hAf dUs gOnE wiF geOrGe miCHaeL's 'I want your sex'. we dUs chOSe dis becAWzE tOm joNeS wUz a biT nArTy aNd sO wUz eLVis tOo cUz hE diD liKe tO gYrATe dEm hiPs tOo.

fUr sHuR tOm wUs raPOrtEd fUr bEiNg a biT oF a lAdiEs mAn. aHeM & wELL hE (gEoRgE) dus like men but he iZ aLsO kNoWn fUr bEiNg a, (mUm'z goNnA tYpE diZ fUr uS - philanderer), yAh dAtZ dA wUrD. aLso, aLSo bOf George and eLvis diD hAF prUbLeMs wiTh drUGs tOo. (eLviS wAs dA LiNky bAfoRe). sO dEn aLso gEoRge was boRn iN 1963 aNd jOnEs sTaRteD pArfOrMing in 1963.

bOf hAs alSo sOLd mOre dAn 100 miLLion rEcorDs aNd weEz jUst faWt dis sONg wUs fUn tO liNk aLoNg wiD dEm tOo.


An da winner .... as chosen by me  ... dus be ......  @diamondbertie wiv Move Over Darling from Doris Day! Love da linky Bertie. Congratulations ma pal! So, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you .... Bertie!!

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 2 October 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat. Errr ... oh and sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heeheee.

As a look on da right to see all of da links in our chain. Is gettin longer all da time!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment