Sunday 4 September 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Thirty-Fifth Chain


Hello pals.! Welcome to Week 35 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to me to make Bunners and Harvs to choose da winner. 

A great suggeschun from our pal Fuzzy (@I_Am_Fuzzy) was dat when I sends da suggeschuns, I take off da names to make it more eggsitin. He also suggested dat I tell you what the link was from da week before. Dems is boaf brillunt ideas. Fanx Fuzzy. 

So, last week da link was U2 - Wiv or Wifout Choo. Let's see wot ideas come in dis week:

@dieseldawwg
Me does fink da link is dis as dat Bonio man does stamp his little foot on the stage in a pointy way like Rumplystiltskitin Orange and black attack ! :)



@zoetheborder
My entry for da chain dis week dus be "This Must be the Place (Naïve Melody)" by The Talking Heads. I has to say is mostly b/c it is a nice happy song an dus be one of ma Mom's very favourite songs, an I dus like to frow her a bone every now an den. Also is connected to U2 via Brian Eno who has worked wiv U2 an The Talking Heads. I has a fuzzy brane dis week and dat dus be all I gots.




@i_am_fuzzy
my human went on the bus down to london village to see u2 when the joshua tree was released, which is what 'with or without you' is off. the bus driver asked if anybody had any cassettes (a bit like a cd apparantly!) & somebody had the joshua tree, so it was played over & over for 2+ hours going (and over & over for 2+ hours coming back).....anyway, the first song u2 played was 'where the streets have no name' my human was in the stands (it was wembley stadium) and just as it began to play my human felt incredibly queasy & climbed down over about 6 rows of seats to find the toilets (didn't quite make it...ahem)......anyway, something else with no name was the neddy in the song by america 'a horse with no name' and after nine days in the desert sun he let it run free, but i don't know if the bloke singing could live with or without it!!




@bellaruffmutt
2 Unlimited - 'No Limit' - I choose dis song because they both have '2' in their name. I am quite simples like that...but also i like a cheesy rap in a song - they is greatly missed in da muusic industry these days. Also song says 'we do what we want and we do it with pride' and dis is how i like to live me life as a XXXXX .The end. Ps. mum says i should apogolise for making anyone listen to dis song coz it is very annoying and i now playing it on repeat *nods head to da beat*.



@rossi_dog
Mum and I offer 'Inbetween Days' by The Cure as the next link in Lexie's chain because in the lyrics they sing 'without you' rather a lot, just like U2 do in their song. Also both Bono (no, not Bonio, sadly) lead singer of U2 and Robert Smith of The Cure have been portrayed on tv show South Park (season 11 episode 9 'More Cr*p and Season 1 episode 12 respectively). Hope you like our effort, and have a happy weekend. Xxx



@kelsoterrier
Me entry dis week Iz Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love. Why? Coz U2 iz da name ov a spy plane so dat da linky to da Airplane bit and coz bof songs be girly love songs (bleugh, I prefer manly songs coz I iz tuff boy ;-)) 



@djladylexie
Da song was on album Joshua Tree wot was co-produced by Brian Eno wot dus be very famus musician and composer of moosic wot we dus like and who also worked wiv Roxy Moosic (wot was the chain before this chain) haha!!! He also worked wiv Coldplay on they album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends so we chose da single of da same name – Viva La Vida – Coldplay. Annuva band everybody pretends they loves to hate a bit like U2 but as all their albums anyway! Heehee.



An da winner .... as chosen by Bunners and Harvs  ... dus be ...... oh hang on wait a minit! Ere dus be wot dey said:

"OOohhh dis dus be harD worT bUt wEz awsO dus fiNk it wuZ fUn & dAndarOOdy tOO! 

wEZ wuZ diSagREein fur a wHiLe cuWZ B foWt da cUre wuZ gOOd & I fowT dat cOWd pLay wUZ beST. iZ haRd but deCited daT da wON at da eNd : cOWd pLay was bESt sEleshun cuz hAZ da moSt liNkeyZ wiF diS wEEK & da wOn byfar & wE duz fiNk he hOwlz LikE dat bOniO duZ mucHly tOO. hEE heE!"

... an da winner dus be  ....  @djladylexie ... oh ... well done me again oopsie! So, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you ....  err .... me!!

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 11 September 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat.

As a look on da right to see all of da links in our chain. Is gettin longer all da time!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment