Sunday 27 November 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Forty-Seventh Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 47 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to @kelsoterrier to choose da winner.

So, last week da winning link was Rio by Duran Duran. Let's see wot ideas come in dis week.

Oh I fort also I tell you dat I list them in order of how them come in and also when da winner selects the next winner, they dussn't know who it is, coz of I take they names off!

@terenceterrier
Doin my linky quick before I forgets my spark of inspirayshun. Last week the winna wuz the track Rio by Duran Duran. Rio wuz a boat so I look for anuver boat song. I choose “Day-O / Banana Boat Song” by Harry Belafonte



@djladylexie
Rio is a song about both a boat and a place – Rio De Janeiro which is the capital of Brazil. So I chose Brazil by Geoff Muldaur wot dus be used in the film Brazil by Terry Gilliam. Simon Le Bon dreamed of sailin and wrote da song for it – Rio. Like Simon, Sam in Brazil dreams of a place where life is perfect and he can live the life he dreams of.



@i_am_fuzzy
I choose 'the lost girl in the midnight sun' by the lilac time. the singer stephen duffy was a founder member of duran duran before they became famous, and before simon le bon bon joined.



@patchdacat
After much pondering for link to follow “RIO” by Duran Duran I finally decide that because RIO was a yacht I am staying with the sea faring theme. The Sutherland Bros Band released an album called “Lifeboat”. One track on this album was “Sailing”. This was also recorded by Rod Stewart for his album “Atlantic Crossing” so I am choosing his version as the link this week.



@tartan_terrriers
So we have Rio by Duran Duran... Ok, we going for Queen cause both Duran Duran and Queen have drummers called Roger Taylor! Queen performed at the first ever Rock in Rio festival in Rio de Janeiro in 1985 so thats the link, now the song... Tie your mother down by Queen. ;)



@bvfeyj (Tucker)
"Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo. Why? Cuz we can't pronounce it! BOL But really cuz was produced by Nick Rhodes ob Duran, Duran. So dat me linky!



@rosieterrier
Hello - well we start with Duran Duran's RiO which is of course, a river songy. Another rivery song do be Robbie Robertson - Somewhere down the Crazee river. Continuing with the watery theme the next link do be Jimmy Cliff and his Many Rivers to cross (also by Culture Club but we won't mention dat!) and so to my last link and my ansa: Jimmy Cliff-Wondeful World Beautiful People. Cos that's all of us.



@diamondbertie
Rio Grande by Dave Alvin - why? Nice song which has Rio in it's title and the words "Rio Grande" are in the song by Duran Duran RIO




@bunnersandharvs
we dus says that da chainy wainy dis week is justin timberlake's 'seniorita'. We dus says it becauz he wus influenced by dem Duran Duran guys wot like and den he did singy a songy wong much like Rio Rio wher he did like did woman and all that stuff wid dem peepers flirtin with em they wot dus says she is da one fur him ragardless of anything cus dey did look at each odder and wus in LOVE - aw...



@marleyterrier
This week we be selectin She Wolf by Shakira. We ben watchin the wolves on Froxen Plannit all week and we notiss that Hungry Like The Wolf was also on the Rio album by Dooran Dooran and i always do be ungry an do like owlin (i took off da reference to Lola coz uvvawise Kelso wud know it was you!)




Da winner .. as chosen by ... @kelsoterrier ... dus be .... @tartan_terriers wiv Tie Your Mother Down by Queen! Yay!! Well done ma pals!!!

So, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you @tartan_terriers!

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 4 December 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat. Errr ... oh and sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea for dat is wot Tucker dus -- type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment