Sunday 20 November 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Forty-Sixth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 46 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to @tartan_terriers to choose da winner.

So, last week da winning link was Cat Stevens wiv I Love My Dog. Let's see wot ideas come in dis week.

Oh I fort also I tell you dat I list them in order of how them come in and also when da winner selects the next winner, they dussn't know who it is, coz of I take they names off!

@i_am_fuzzy
if you love your dog, as cat stevens does they'd be 'hounds of love' & if you couldn't find a lamp-post then maybe you'd pee up a bush......so i choose kate bush - 'hounds of love'.




@diamondbertie
I choose Me and You and a Dog Named Boo by Lobo (I think James Last did it too). Why? Cat Stevens' I love my dog is a love song dedicated to his dog and so is my choice Me and You and a Dog Named Boo. My thinking cap finally came up with a link that I like.

@bvfeyj
Dis week me stay wif da dog theme. Me suggest "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" by Lobo Dat's it, bery simple. "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" by Lobo.




@terenceterrier
Linky wanted for “I love my dog” by Cat Stevens. This was a record released in the swinging sixties so will be sticking with the same era & and also the feline theme. My choice this week is “What’s New Pussycat” by Tom Jones.




@border_pup
Dis week we has to do a linkie to 'I love my dog'. Well, I fink it should stay top for annuver week cos it is grate! But if not, I dus choose 'Atlantis' by Donovan. Why? Because Cat Stevens did make an album called 'Tea for the Tillerman'. A tillerman steers a boat. Anyfing nautical dus make me fink of ma beeuwtiful friend, Lady Lexie, who has a boat called .... Atlantis!




@marleyterrier
my entry for da chain dus be Turn Your Lights down Low by da Bob Marley. Ow is dat I ere you ask? Well, I Love My Dog was released as a single wiv Portobello Road as a B Side. Portobello Road is in Notting Hill and dat Bob Marley track feature on soundtrack for Notting Hill.




@patchdacat
Last week’s winna wuz “I love my dog” by Cat Stevens. Cos I’m a cat I am loyally sticking wiv the cat theme. I am choosin a song from the mewsical “Cats” by Andrew Lloyd Webber . Mi link do be “Memory” which iz a bootiful song.




@bunnersandharvs
we dus says the chainy dis week is simple like wot last week but hope is eqwally good as @tartan_terriers 's selecshun. We dus says is da Beatles All You Need is Love cus dat wot we dus be about and we dus think that is all da world shuld be abowt too!




@rosieterrier
Okay so happily dis week da beautiful chain does lead me to my favouritist song eva! So here goes. Mr Cat Stevens singing bout his dog love puts me in terrier mind of Mel Blanc's 'I taut I saw a Puddy Tat' cos traditionally da dogs n da cats do not get along. Of course this is a song for puppies n young 'uns so another great and classic song for 'em does be My Brother by the late n great Terry Scott (Ed Stewpot-eat your heart out). Going on with children's songs next is 3 blind mice by The Chipmunks Soooo now we come to my ansa for da chain -another novelty song and the best ----The Gnu Song by Flanders and Swann.




@kelsoterrier
Ok, Cat Stevens and I love my dog. Well Cat Stevens was very religious and converted to Islam and I love my do iz an anagram of godly movie so I got a religious theme going. A godly movie that comes to mind is the excellent City of God which was based in Rio. So my choice is Rio by Duran Duran.




@djladylexie
Ok Cat Stevens sung I Love My Dog. So Cat Stevens has a name wot involves an animal = a cat and his love for a dog. So I fort abowt an artist who has name wot is a dog = Snoop Dogg and he dun a song wiv Pussy Cat Dolls! So there's more dog and cat linkies ! I pick Buttons by The Pussycat Dolls ft. Snoop Dogg!




Da winner .. as chosen by ... @tartan_terriers ... dus be .... @kelsoterrier wiv Rio by Duran Duran. Yay!! Well done ma pal!!!

So, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Kelso!

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 27 November 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat. Errr ... oh and sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea for dat is wot Tucker dus -- type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment