Monday 7 May 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Seventieth Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to Week 70 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Briar to choose. Last week we ad Everything But The Girl and I Don't Want To Talk About It. So let's av a look now.

@bunnersandharvs
We do say well done to Briar for da selcshun last week. You is cleva paw so wot dus other paws do you ask? Well, we has gone wid da choicy of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong dis week. Why? Well der was a whispa dey was involved wid each other and well 'Everything But The Girl' group dus be sekretive abowt da fact dey is a couple too. Dey wus also influenced by Ella & Louis too so we dus go wid dis linky for da week 'Our Love is Here to Stay'.  Hit it baby.... la la doodle eoo our love is here to stay..... 



@patchdacat
Last week winning linky song was “I don’t want to talk about it”. If peeps aren’t talking then it will be quiet. So my choice this week is “Silence is Golden” which was a no 1 hit for The Tremeloes.






@terenceterrier
Now wot shall we hav to follow on from “I Don’t Want To Talk About It”. *ponders* If the lady isn’t talking then there will be silence in the room. Dis makes me fink of da songy “Silence is Golden” This was recorded by the Four Seasons a B Side of a record. For my linky I choose the A side “Rag Doll” by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.



@kelsoterrier
Last weeks winner was Everything But The Girl with I Don't Want To Talk About It. If nobody talked about it then it would be a very quiet place. There was a very quiet meeting place in Anne of Green Gables called Idlewild. This place is where the band Idlewild got their name and Idlewild is also the name of the EBTG Album that features I Don't Want To Talk About It. The two members of EBTG are very private about their relationship and personal life and have not performed publicly since 2000 and, for this reason (as well as it it being my favourite Idlewild song) I have chosen "Live In A Hiding Place" as my link this week.




@bvfeyj
Last week Briar @wonderwinger did gib us a nice version ob a lovely song, "I Don't Want to Talk About It" by Everything But the Girl. One ob da lines in dis song dus be "won't you listen to my heart" which made me fink ob Tom Petty and "Listen to Her Heart" but den me found dis bery pretty song "Listen to My Heart Beat" by da Bombay Vikings and dat is me pick for dis week.


@rosieterrier
Well----Everything But The Girl are a band from the town of Hull (Kingston Upon). My beloved grandparents do live in Hull and I do love to visit them and sit on their laps and squash them a little. My Grandads favourite song is 'Lilly The Pink' by The Scaffold. He dus sing it a lot and has done for the past 40 years! It always makes me wag my tail and grin. So this is my happy chainy.


@djladylexie
Ok .. Everyfink but the girl wiv I don't wanna talk about it. Ben Watt an Tracey Thorn is married couple wot be EBTG. The song I Don' t Wanna Talk About It is bowt how someone who had her heart broken. Well when you gets your heart broken you fink is never gonna get better but it dus and sometimes better fings come out of it. So my choice of song is Better Things from Massive Attack wot Tracey Thorn does sing most fantastically!


An da winner ... as chosen by @wonderwinger .... dus be ................... @kelsoterrier!! Yay well done AGAIN Kelso!! Nice linky.

So get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Briar.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 13 May 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment