Monday 9 July 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Seventy-Ninth Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to Week 79 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Briar  to choose. Last week was it Ain't What You Do from Fun Boy Free (as in da number free dat is). Let's see wot happened this week!

@terenceterrier
Last week’s winning linky was by Fun Boy 3. Band member Terry Hall had been in new wave band The Specials. Specials are unpaid volunteer police officers. The Police woz annuver new wave band. So my linky be their No 1 hit “Every Breath You Take”.



@diamondbertie
My link for the chain, last week the winner was Fun Boy featuring Bananarama singing It Aint What You Do it's Way That You Do It, this song is so old sung by many artists among them Ella Fitzgerald and Cleo Laine. My choice is Cleo Laine singing Stormy Weather why that song out of her huge repertoire - simple a tribute to the rubbish weather we are enduring this summer.


Sorry - no video on youtube for dat


@bvfeyj (Tucker)
Ok, last week Briar did win wif "Ain't What You Do" By Fun Boy Three (and a bunch ob bananas or somefing)... Based on dat an what Briar did say... "3 6 9 the goose drank wine" me was tempted to link The Clapping Song by Shirley Ellis or anuvver counting song "I Feel Like I'm Fixing To Die Rag" by Country Joe and The Fish... BUT me decided dat since dey was drumming it into me head dat "It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it" me would go wif "The Way You Do the Things You Do" by The (incomparable) Temptations. It eben hab a Robinson link since it was written for da Temps by anuvver great, Smokey Robinson. It also proved to be The Temptations first hit song, recorded a year before Shirley Ellis' The Clapping Song & da same year as her 1st hit "The Name Game".




@djladylexie
Fun Boy Three > Terry Hall > Specials > The Colourfield > Castles In The Air > Castles > Castles can be built of stone or sometimes sand. You build a sandcastle on holiday on the beach. Lots of people in the UK like to go on holiday to the seaside and will sometime stay in a caravan. So I chooses Caravan Holiday by Stereophonics, especially as this song epitomises the english weather! Rain rain rain rain. I fank you.





@patchdacat
Last week’s winning linky woz “it aint what you do it’s the way that you do it”. I puts this away in my imaginary box entitled “linkies wiv lyrics which don’t aktshully link to the previous linky”. I takes my linky this week from the same box and it be “Simply the Best” by Tina Turner. Howevers the lyrics of bowf songys do haz a similar theme .





@rosieterrier
Terry Hall was of course in The Specials the great King are also from Cov along with The Enemy The wonderful Delia Derbyshire also heralds from this great place and she is responsible for the Dr Who theme. Finally my actually linky do be 'Will You' by Ms Hazel O'Conner-a Coventry lass. Hoorah-paws up for excellent Coventry sound! 





@kelsoterrier
My link to Ain't What You Do..... by Fun Boy Three this week starts with a link to the band "The Specials" since this is where the 3 members of Fun Boy Three came from. One of The Specials most famous songs is "Ghost Town". This makes me think of a town full of ghosts such as that in the film Ghostbusters. The Ghostbusters theme sung by Ray Parker Jnr is another song that uses the work "Ain't" as in, "I ain't afraid of no ghost" and is, therefore, my link this week. Who you gonna call?




An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @wonderwinger  ..... dus be  ........ @terenceterrier wiv Every Bref You Take By The Police. Yay!! Well done Terence!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Terence.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 15 July 2012. Oh an don't forget me an Da'Griff's #preweddingBBQ 3pm Sunday UK time. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment