Sunday 11 November 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Ninety-Sixth Chain





Hello pals! Welcome to Week 96 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to ma dad to choose. Last time was Oasis wiv Fade In-Out. Let's see wot happened this week!

@bunnersandharvs
So well dun to clevah paws Lexie w her win last week w Oasis! Yay!! So if I was to follow on w da linky frumm Oasis 'Be here now' I would say if you can't be here now den how about tomorrow so dis is my linky 'Maybe Tomorrow' by Stereophonics. Cause not only dus it follow frum today, da Stereophonics was influenced by Oasis and well so it follers on frum der and means dat is my linky fur my pals dis week!



 
@diamondbertie
We thought of Ebb Tide by Santon and Johnny and ebb tide goes in and out - reference to the slide guitars is taken by the instruments.




@terenceterrier
Winning linky to follow was Fade In-Out by Oasis. An oasis iz an island within the desert which put me in mind of da fillum “Lawrence of Arabia” wiv Peter o’Toole (wiv da luvvly blue eyes). Oasis lads Liam & Noel Gallaher had Irish parents & were born in the norf of England. Peter o’Toole had Irish parents and was born in norf too. So my linky be da fillum theme toon.




@patchdacat
To follow from Fade In Out by Oasis my linky for this week is Not Fade Away by the Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones were one of the groups that Oasis say they were influenced by.




@bvfeyj
Lexie did gib us Fade In-Out by Oasis (and a brilliant linky it was!). Me hab less brilliant and not bery politically correct linky. Oasis make me fink ob Midnight at the Oasis by Maria Muldaur for obvious reason, but dat line about “send your camel to bed” remind me ob da famous Clyde ob Ahab the Arab by Ray Stevens, so dat me linky dis week. 




@kelsoterrier
Ok, last week we had Fade In-Out by Oasis. Listening to this song it makes me think it's about how you should make the most of situations while you can because they can fade out as quickly as they fade in. I think Oasis were referring to their fame and popularity.....and boy did they make the most of it while they could. It was from the album "Be here now" - another suggestion you should live for the moment? One of the singles from the album "Do you know what I mean" includes the lyrics "right here, right now" which AGAIN makes me think of living for the moment. The song was actually originally called Right Here Right Now but they changed it because this was already the title of a popular song by Jesus Jones (didn't stop Fatboy Slim using it though). Long story (morning glory) short my link this week is Right Here Right Now by Jesus Jones.





@wonderwinger
Well done Lexie for giving us a little bit of Oasis to which i'll be linking the Inspiral Carpets with "This is How it Feels". Before joining the band, who at the time were called The Rain, Niel Gallagher was a roadie for the Inspiral Carpets. He infamously used to do radio interviews pretending to be the lead singer (who would be fast asleep). Noel joined and renamed the band Oasis after the Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon where "The Inspirals" had played a gig.




@borderpup
We had to link to Fade In - Out by Oasis. That immediately made mum fink of Intro - Outro by The Bonzo Dog Doodah Band (she's very old). The fort wouldn't go away, and I dint fink we should inflict that song on everyone (look it up!!!) so we decided to pick the song they are prolly best known for, Urban Spaceman.




@rosieterrier
Congrats to Lexie for her fine Oasis choice last week. I do see that a member of Oasis was Andy Bell, there was also an Andy Bell in the Group Erasure along with Vince Clarke. Vince Clarke was in Yazoo with the wonderful Alison Moyet who came from Billericay in Essex. Now the sitcom Gavin and Stacey was based there and a song played in the first series was ' Say, Say, Say (Waiting for you)' Hi Tack. I choose dis song as my linky cos I likes to groove on down to it!! *sashay-swoosh in time to da toones*





An the winner dis week .... as chosen by ma dad  ..... dus be  ........ @wonderwinger wiv Inspiral Carpets. A great linky he said. Very close second was Kelso followed closely by Rosie! Yay!!! He hates avin to choose he said so tole me no more winning! heehee.

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Briar! 

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 18 November 2012. Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment