Monday 22 September 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Ninetieth Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 190 of #lexieschain. Remember mum dus be in Ibeefa right now so service be slightly erratic and a bit late at times ;). So last time was @skye613 wiv There Is A Light That Never Goes Out from The Smifs! Let  see what we gots dis week:

@parkerskat
Well Done Skye with There is a light that never goes out. Johnnie Marr played a Rickenbacker guitar and said that George Harrison and James Honeyman-Scott were among his influences. I went on a search for Rickenbacker guitarists.

There are so many great guys that it was hard to choose. I finally narrowed it to Steven Van Zandt with the E Street Band. Here is Bruce Springsteen and band playing "Thunder Road".





@maggietkat
Well done Skye!!!!! Love the Smiths. I got thinking about the lyrics about crashing in vehicles which is my link. That reminded me of a song Mom likes to croak out when she is nostalgic. So, from 1964 here is J Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers with their one hit wonder, "Last Kiss". Pearl Jam also recorded this some and I love the warble in Eddie Vender's voice, but I prefer the simplicity and innocence in J Frank Wilson's version.




@freddit_bt
Morrisey genius, icon, narcissist but incweasinly da latter. Sewiously who insists deir autobiography be published as a Penguin Classic to rub shoulders wiv Dickens, Dostoyevsky, Homer. More gweat Manchester bands followed da Smiths includin da Stone Roses who also acquired legendary status n acclaim n rightly so “The Stone Roses” mebbe da best LP ever released. John Squire’s guitar borrows fwom Marr n Ian Brown’s frontman wuz vewy Morrisey. Our linky “I Wanna be Adored” has Reni, Mani, Squire n Brown all on top form n cud av been written by Morrisey our favwite narcissist in lighter mood.




@terenceterrier
Larst week da winning linky woz The Smiths wiv “There Is a Light that Never Goes Out” . Light dat neva goes out comes from a star. So dis week I haz “ I Am The Starlight” from da Andrew Lloyd Webber show Starlight Express.





@claptonterrier
Hi Miss Lexie….last week Miss Skye won with “There is a Light that Never Goes Out”….that sort of light will shine forever…you might say that it is eternal….and so my choice this week is KLF with “3am eternal”…





@djladylexie
Morissey all round miserable misery guts wrote a song called Heaven Knows I´m Miserable Now. Just in case we didn´t know! Well a band that suffered terribly from angst, misery and general torment,, yet their named denotes the opposite, dus be Joy Division. So our link dus be Joy Division and Love Will Tear Us Apart.





So da winner as decided by @skye613 is  .......... @terenceterrier wiv .................. I Am The Starlight from Andrew Lloyd Webber from da great moosical Starlight Express . Yay! Well done Tel ma pal. You dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Skye said bowty it: So many great links! I have always loved " Last Kiss" and Joy Division & the Boss but I am a huge sucker for Andrew Lloyd Webber so my choice this week is # 4. Thanks to Lexie & her Mom for all their hard work. Love #Lexieschain

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 28th September 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment