Sunday 8 February 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Tenth Chain


Hello pals. Welcome to week 210 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Kelso wiv Dead or Alive and You Spin Me Right Round Baby. Let's see wot appened this week.

@borderpup
When we fink of Dead or Alive, the first fing that springs to mind is how - um - different singer Pete Burns looks these days! So we did go for plastic surgery as our linky and here is a video of Dolly (in the early days if hers) and Kenny (before he looked so surprised).
KENNY ROGERS & DOLLY PARTON - ISLANDS IN THE STREAM - HQ Audio: 




@terenceterrier
Larst week da winning linky woz “You spin me right round (like a record)” by Dead or Alive. Corse back in da Wild West days “Wanted – Dead or Alive” woz wot dey put on da posters of da baddies. So for my linky I looked for a cowboy song and it be “Ragtime Cowboy Joe” by The Chipmunks,




@diamondbertie
Last weeks winner was the very clever @kelsoterrier, with Dead or Alive by You Spin Me Round. I have to choose for my link Everybody's Talking from Midnight Cowboy by Harry Nilsson.





@wotterface
We confess, we found it mega hard this week. So here's a convoluted way to use a track we really like. Dead or Alive was synth pop so we originally was going to choose Yomanda with Synth and Strings as our track but the video is so bloody awful we just couldn't do it. So...Synth and Strings is on Mom's running playlist as it's very motivational. The track we've chosen is also in Mom's running playlist and we love the video...Kosheen and Hungry.



@djladylexie
Records spin, plates spin, wheels spin but did you know that people spin and I don't mean round in a circle. People spin words and they is called Spin Doctors. Spin Doctors elp politicians . One of the most famous spin doctors was Sir Bernard Ingham who worked for Margaret Fatcher. A great opponent of Fatcher was Ken Livingstone who was Leader of the GLC. Fatcher got rid of 'Red Ken' and abolished the GLC using spin doctor Ingham to change the public view of Ken. So our linky dus be spin doctors, politics and the GLC. Ere be Kate Bush wiv Ken! 





@maggietkat
Well done with Dead or Alive. When "you spin me around" I get dizzy. So, I went with Dizzy Gillespie with the most amazing trumpeter cheeks! This is "Love for Sale" just in time for Valentines Day.




@skye613
And around and around we go! Dead or Alive's " You Spin Me Round ( Like a Record ) " Well wheels are round like records. They spin on lots of surfaces. The #1 record for spinning classes in 2013 was " Wake Me Up ". Makes you peddle very fast I'm told. Hard to reach the peddles for me. 




@claptonterrier
Mr Kelso chose a song called You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record) Baby….so our link this week is to that record doing the spinning….we could have gone with “Spin the Black Circle” by Pear Jam or “Big 10 Inch Record” by Aerosmith or maybe even “Roll Over Beethoven” by Chuck Berry ….but we have chosen Miss Corinne Bailey Rae singing “Put Your Records On”!…it is Sunday after all….




An the winner as chosen by @kelsoterrier dus be ..... oh gawd *holds head in paws* wot! Is me again!  Pffttt. Dad ain't gonna be appy! 

Ere wot me Kelso said:  Ello there, this week I chose link 5 coz I did learn something from it and learning is good so I'm told! I hope it's not your link Lexie, BOL!

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 8th February 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment