Sunday 15 February 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Eleventh Chain



Hello pals. Welcome to week 211 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiv Ken from Kate Bush. Let's see wot appened this week.

@terenceterrier
Da winnin linky larst week woz “Ken” sung by Kate Bush. Ken of corse woz usually referred to as Red Ken. So for my linky I gonna pick “Red Flag” by Billy Tallent.



@borderpup
You know that feeling when you get one fort in your head and it won't go away? (Frow da ball, frow da ball etc). Well that's what happened this week for mum and I should just like to say this has nuffing to do wiv me whatsoever and I apologise to everyone for inflicting this song on them. Here goes ... back to the politics and stuff, mum had the 'save the GLC' stickers and badges back in the day, and she had one on once when visiting her nan in Yorksha on a day the milkman called. He was a local farmer, who just happened to be Sir Bernard Ingham's brother!! So our linky continues the politics feem with ... milk!



@smcheetham
Well done Lexie that brought back a lot of memories for me of a lot of marching I did in my youth. I have used the word Ken to give me my link this week. It's a very simple one from Ken to Kenneth and What's the Frequency Kenneth by REM. So here you go have a good week all.




@wotterface
Last weeks winner was you with the delightful Kate Bush. Kate Bush's first single was Wuthering Heights, about the book of the same name. Lots of songs have been about or inspired by literature and my pick this week was inspired by and takes it's title from John Milton's Paradise Lost.

“On a gathering storm comes/a tall handsome man/in a dusty black coat with a red right hand”.




@kelsoterrier
Kate Bush was famous for running up that hill and I can only assume she was so keen to get to the top to enjoy The View. Mr Ken Livingstone aka "people's Ken" was regarded as having the common touch with the working-class. Many tradesmen therefore probably thought of him as a superstar. So my link this week is The View with Superstar Tradesman. Think dad might like this tuuuuunne!



@diamondbertie
Here is my feeble entry, first well done with winning your choice by Kate Bush - Ken, got me thinking of spin doctors and their ilk.

This is by no means a new phenomenon, during the French Revolution a brilliant composer and and lyrics writer Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle in 1792 composed La Marseillaise which was adopted to the French National Anthem in 1795, this stirring anthem would get anyone to man the barricades.




@maggietkat
Well done Lex with Kate Bush! Since the song is about politics, I thought I would bring a bit of my world. It has been tough times in Ferguson, MO. My link is Tracey Chapman's "talking about a revolution" in honor of all those fighting for equality.




@bunnersandharvs
Well dat Lexie is on a roll dis year too wid her recent winning linky from Kate Bush - Ken. We listened to dem lyrics and thort about Ken bein a sexie machine. Dat gots us thinking about how he prolly things he rilly sexie so we thorts about da songy by Right Said Fred's 'I'm too sexy'. Dat cos it made us giggle thinking abowt dem politishuns dansin rownd looking silly wot likes most of dem dus. Happy choosing, Lexie's Dad and happy week evapaws.




@skye613
Lexie did win with a political song by Kate Bush last week pushing a candidate
for mayor of London. The Smiths have a rush and a push for their land of England. Tough week ! 





An the winner as decided by me dad .......... dus be ............ @borderpup  wiv Ernie by Benny Hill. Oh ham gawd. Whodda funked that?! Well ma pal next time is you to chooses.

Ere wot me Dad said:  Me again? Really? I'l have to start charging you Lex! They are all great links but the Ernie one is well thought out and funny, even though the song is utter *&@%.  So I have to go with it. This is doing nothing for my street cred!

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 15th February 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment