Tuesday 28 July 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Thirty Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 234 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Wyn (@wotterface) wiv Run Boy Run from Woodkid. Let's see wot we got dis time:

@diamondbertie
Last week @wotterface won with Run Boy Run by wood kid I really struggled with this one but have to give it a go, I'm using running as the link, my choice is the theme music from the film Chariots of Fire.




@terenceterrier
larst week da winnin linky woz Run Boy Run by Woodkid . Weird. Really weird.  Anyhows I had to vestigate . Seems dis Woodkid chappie became moozishun cos he woz given ukulele by Ritchie Havens. RH became faymuss afta doing opening stint at 1969 Woodstock festival ( see dat ties da wood bit in nicely). So I takes a lookysee at weva any of our favrit bands were there. Yep ! The Who. So I gives yoo dem perform My Generation  at dat very furst Woodstock.




@skye613
This is only the second time I have heard Woodkid. And I like him very much. In the vid for my link Drake - Take Care - you can see the early influence he developed in the vid for " Run Boy Run" . This video was done in 2012. The themes of darkness, animals and hope abound in his direction of these videos.




@bunnersandharvs
Well dis week's linky is Run Boy Run wot Wotterface did win last week. We did think that wos a good songy and it did make us think that when you runs you gets stronger so we going simples dis week wid Kelly Clarkson's 'Stonger' cos not only dus  it be a supa songy when you running it a makes you feel good too.


@djladylexie
Me really like Woodkid fanx for introducin me to im. I has absolutely no reason to this but for some reason it reminds me of Bronski Beat an Smalltown Boy. Running away .. you can never really run away from your life, it goes wiv you wherever you go.




@sonikebt
Loved @wotterface song Run Boy Run by Woodkid last week.  Well if the boy did run he would be a "Real Gone Kid" Deacon Blue. Woohoowoohoo.




@maggietkat
Well done with Run by Snow Patrol. I figured that if you run, you can roam where you want to. By the B52's.



So the winner, as chosen by Wyn ..................................................... dus be ................................Skye! (@skye613). Yay well done me pal. You choosin next week Skye!

Ere wot Wyn said: This week I decided I'd pick a song I'd never heard before but then all the links were songs I'd heard already! What are the chances?! So instead I've chosen the song I was least likely to choose but surprised myself, especially as I didn't know Woodkid directed the video and it makes me listen to the song completely differently watching the video. This week's winner is link 3! 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 26th July 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment