Wednesday 4 May 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Seventy Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 274of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Sonic wiv Daft Punk and Derezzed. Let's see wot we gots dis week:

@wotterface
Last week's winner was Sonic with Daft Punk's Derezzed. In the video the Daft Punk men play on an arcade game and it immediately bought this track to mind, talking about mid 90's computer gaming. It's DJ Yoda featuring Scroobius Pip with Sega RIP.



@maggietkat
Well done Sonic with Derezzed from Tron:Legacy.  Olivia Wild was one of the stars in the movie and she was Remy "Thirteen" Hadley on "House". soundtracks on House were amazing, so I decided to pick one of the tunes, Taj Mahal playing "Honky Tonk Women".




@skye613
Sonic won with Daft Punk last week and they always make me think of Kraftwerk. Why I hear you ask? No idea they just do! Daft Punk was formed by 2 frenchmen who met in school. Kraftwerk was formed by 2 Germans who met in school! And I love this live (????) version. BOL




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week Mr Sonic won with a song called Derezzed….we have absolutely no idea what that word means….so this week our link is to another nonsense word song..Bang a Boomerang by Abba.



@terenceterrier
Larst week our little pals Sonic n Spike winned wiv “Derezzed” by Daft Punk. I fink most punks were daft wiv their safety pins n fings n daft hairdos. Da only punk I remembas be Johnny Rotten although now cos he be getting on a bit he reverts to real name John Lydon. He took part in series 3 of “I’m a Celebrity Get me Out of Here” wot woz winned by Kerry McFadden who woz a singer in Atomic Kitten. Since derezzed means summat being destroyed I fort I pick an AK track wot be abowt summat being there forever n I gives yoo “Eternal Flame” as my linky.



@diamondbertie
Last week @sonikbt won with Daft Punks Derezzed, an very atmospheric choice, I listened to it many times as I did not know it, it has a SiFi feel about it, each time my mind swings to Zager and Evans'  In The Year 2525 The predictions are depressing and humanity seems to be rushing headlong towards it.



@cloonfourmegan
Last week Sonik won wiv Daft Punk. This is the daftest Punk song we noes and we luffs it!



@djladylexie
Daft Punk's last album was Random Access Memories. I am going to randomly access my memory (do you see what I did there) and access something daft (again, with the seeing what I did there). Well, one very famous but not always well know guest appearance on their album is Paul Williams who sings Touch. So my linky does be Rainbow Connection written by Paul and sung by Kermit the Frog, which is silly, because we all know that frogs can't sing, right? Well, actually they CAN.




An da winner as chosened by Sonic dus be ................................. @wotterface witv DJ Yoda featuring Scroobius Pip with Sega RIP ..... oooooo ..... again! Well done me pal is your turn next week!

Ere wot Sonic said: Thanks for the links.  Here goes my attempt at chosin! There was an eclectic mix of links this week from the very clever Link 8 with a singing frog, the brilliant Kraftwerk in Link 3 and the draft punk in Link 7. However there could only be one winning link this week, Link 1 by DJ Yoda, because it features me - Sonic!

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 8th May 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment