Monday 23 May 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Seventy Seventh Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 277 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me Megan wiph Bruvverood of Man and Kisses For Me. Let's see what we got this week:

@maggietkat
Well done with Brotherhood of Man! After showering off all that sugar, I thought about a camp number from the musical "How to succeed in business without really trying". I choose a video from the Tony awards where Robert Morse introduces the fictional, J. PIerrepont Finch in the current revival. Morse played PIerrepont in the original musical and in the film version. so, here is "Brotherhood of Man".




@skye613
So... The Brotherhood of Man.  If one has a man there must be some women running around! Enjoyed the tune and it made me think happy . "Closer to Fine" always makes me smile as the words push me to think and rejoice in moving forward!




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week’s winner was a song by the Brotherhood of Man…i don’t think they would have got away with calling themselves that in this day and age…little bit non-PC….so this week we have selected song to redress the balance…and our link is “Sister and Brother” by Midge Ure featuring Kate Bush…




@terenceterrier
Larst week Megan winned wiv Brotherhood of Man singing the UK 1976 winning Eurovizshun entry “Save Your Kisses For Me”. We dussnt wotch it no more cos not da same wivout big Tel doing da comments n we dussnt like da habit of all da Eastern Europeans voting for each other n not us. It woz da war in Yugoslavia wot created many of dem countries. We dopted 2 kittehs from an EE country n their album of rescue fotos woz called Brothers In Arms cos dey woz so devoted to each other. Brotherhood of Man / Brothers in Arms mutch da same fing n very handily lets me sweve da naff Eurovizshun songs n weirdpeeps to give you my linky. Dis be (obviusly) “Brothers in Arms” wot be a songy abowt war n fings . Dis a live vershun (obviusly) by Dire Straits wiv Eric Clapton helpin owt.




@diamondbertie
Last week @cloonfourmegan won with the Eurovision Song Contest winner Brotherhood of Man singing Save All Your Kisses For Me, I decided to depart from the contest choices a go with the link of KISSES, my choice is Kiss You by One Direction, I know they've split up and gone in different directions (sorry I couldn't resist).



@sonikebt
Well done @CloonfourMegan for winning the chain with "Save you kisses for me" by Brotherhood of Man. The last couple of weeks have been about brothers and men, so let's redress the balance with "Woman" by Neneh Cherry.




@djladylexie
My linky dus be seals. What? How? Well, let me tell you. Bruvverood of man dun Kisses for Me. A kiss is somfink wot you can give to someone you love or it might be a way to seal a deal. Sometimes a kiss was a way to seal someones fate. A seal is a web-footed marine mammal wot lives in the sea. Seal is also the name of a man wot sings songs. The song Kiss from a Rose mentioned the sea in the first line - There used to be a greying tower alone on the sea - so there you go. Seals. heehee




An da winner as chosened by @cloonfourmegan dus be ................................. @terenceterrier wiv Bruvvers in Arms from Dire Straits. Yay! Well done me pal. You be choosin next week.

Ere wot Megan said: Oooh what very good linkys came through this week and I did have terrible trouble choosing. There were some songs we didn't know and now we are really glad we do have heard them. Anyhoo ... after much deliberation I does choose Linky 4 cos the story of the rescued kitties did bring tears to our eyes and also Mum do love Dire Straits!

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 22nd June 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment