Tuesday 6 December 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Fifth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 305 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Maggie wiv Donald Fagen's Nightfly. Let's see what we gots this week:

@cloonfourmegan
Last week Maggie won with Nightfly by Donald Fagin. This made us fink of our favourite Fagin Reviewing The Situation in Oliver.



@claptonterrier
last week winner was Donald Fagan with the Nightly…Mr Fagan was famously in the band Steely Dan….that band took its name from a..ahem…thing in a William Burroughs book…and so this week our linky must have a literary theme….there are various bands whose names have come from literature…Steppenwolf..The Doors and Veruca Salt to name but three…but this week our entry is by Moby…who was named after Moby Dick…the celebrity whale from the Herman Melville book…and we have selected his song “Porcelain”…




@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Maggie winned wiv Nightfly by Donald Fagan. Fagan woz da baddie gang master in da Dickens tale Oliver Twist wot has been bowf a stage show moosical n a film. We lives not far from Rochester n there be a Dickens Festival on at da mo. Therefore I give yoo one of our favrit songs from da 1968 film "I'd Do Anything (For You"  n cos I'd do anyfink for my #lexieschain pals.




@skye613
So last week Maggie won with " Nightfly ". Way back when M was growing up there was a female DJ, Alison Steele, on WNEW in New York. One of the few at the time , she was known as the Night Bird. According to Jimi Hendrix's manager the song " Night Bird Flying " was inspired by Alison. If it was raining at the start of her late night show , she always led with The Doors " Riders On The Storm " , my linky this week.




@diamondbertie
Maggie won with Donald Fagen, Nightfly, I'd not heard it but I liked it, I'm not able to give a good link but I shall still have a go. It's that time of year where we are bombarded with Christmas songs some creating their own ear worms. My favourite has to be Fairytale of Christmas by the pogues.




@sonikebt
@MaggieTKat won the chain with "The Nightfly" from Donald Fagan's autobiographical album "The Nightfly". We are going autobiographical this week with a George Michael song which was written at the time he was trying to distance himself from his record company Sony and the image created for his album Faith. "Interestingly" the only shot of George in the video is of his bottom - a reference to the Saturday Night Live spoof of him shaking his ass in Faith. Our link is "Freedom 90".




@djladylexie
Me linky dus be hats. Ok let's see. Well, me readed that Donald Fagen (not fagan as I fort) was founding member of Steely Dan. I always get Steely Dan and Steeleye Span mixed up as to who is who. Steeleye Span had a song called All Around Me Hat. Donald Fagen's father was an accountant wot worked in the office of a hat maker! so me link is hats!




An da winner as chosen by ................. Maggie  ............... dus be ..................Skye! Yay! Well done me pal you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Maggie said: Winner is The Doors with Riders in the Storm. You all knew my favorites! Reviewing the Situation features Fagin at his best, Clever reasoning with I'd do anything, Night bird with the Doors, and the amazing Steeleye Span. I chose the Doors because it is dreary in St. Louis, I remember the Night Bird, and Riders is an early Jim Morrison before he got boozy and whipped out his you know.  

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 11th December 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment