Thursday 27 July 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Thirty Eighth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 338 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Skye wiv I Shot Da Sherriff from Bob Marley . Let's see wot we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done Skye with I shot the sheriff. I got thinking about other Jamaican music. I remembered the ska band Maytal and their great tunes which have been covered by bands. So, I choose the Clash with Lee Perry doing Pressure Drop.




@claptonterrier
last week Miss Skye was our winner with I Shot the Sheriff….a song in which the law comes out on the wrong side of the argument…so this week we thought we would redress the balance and our linky this week is I Fought The Law by The Clash….




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Skye did win wiv Bob Marley and I Shot the Sheriff. We were thinking of other famous Bobs and came up with Bob the Builder. His famous song was Can We Fix It and then we thought of another Fix It song by Coldplay so here it is.




@terenceterrier
Sooo da linky to follow on from be "I Shot The Sheriff " by Bob Marley. Righty Ho I fink dat when dis man go home he would tell his Mum n say "Mama I shot a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he's dead" Yoo can see wot's coming as my linky can't yoo !  Yup ! "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen n I give yoo da live vershun from Wembley Stadium 12 July 1986.




@sonikebt
Well done @syke613 for winning with "I shot the Sheriff" by Bob Marley. Eric Clapton covered the song in 1974 which was the only No 1 single of his career. I was surprised that Mr Clapton didn't have more No 1 hits, so we have chosen one of his songs that probably should have hit the top of the charts. "Layla" by Derek and the Dominos.




@djladylexie
Easy one from me dis week ... linkin the word Sheriff and bringin you some country from Kenny Price - The Sheriff of Boone County.




An da winner as chosen by ............... Skye ...................... dus be Terence .............................. Yay! You choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot Skye said:  What a great bunch of links this week! Love the Clash links and Clapton but the best ..... #4! Can't beat Freddy! 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 31st July 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment