Sunday 15 January 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Fifty-Fourth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 54 of #lexieschain 2012. Dis week was down to me (i hates dussin it) to choose da winner, a hard task this week wiv so many great entries yet again! So I decided to get dad to do it so he wuddn't know who sended them in.

So, last week da winning linky was @djladylexie (me) wiv Uncertain Smile by TheThe.

@marleyterrier
Dis week I be nommynatin South Street by The Orlons. Uncertrain Smile was released as a single wiv Perfect on it too. We likes Perfect by Fairground Attraction. Dat record got to No.1 and was followed to No.1 by With a Little Help Fronm My Freinds by Wet Wet Wet. This Beatles song was also covered famously by Joe Cocker and a laydee wot be called Rosetta Hightower did da backin vocals on dat vershun. She was also da singer wiv The Orlons and so we nommynate her song cos we fink it bout time a name dat splendid be better known.



@I_am_fuzzy
From the last link which was the band 'the the', i suggest the band 'talk talk' because they repeat a word to make their name and better still they had a single called 'talk talk' which was released in 1982...the same year as 'uncertain smile' ;o)



@terenceterrier
TheThe??? Never heard of ‘em. Sounds like someone had a stutter when their agent asked for a catchy name for the group. In that case let’s go with a singer wiv a stutter. You know the one – the little Welsh lad who lost in the Pop Idol talent show final and was pals wiv Pricey for a while - Gareth Wotshisname. According to Wikipedia which everyone seems to use when desperately searching for some feeble and obscure linky in yet another even more desperate attempt to win this #lexieschain, this Gareth Gates recorded a track called Changes. No idea wot it sounds like and I don’t actually care cos there’s another track of the same name which sounds in places if the singer has a stutter but this one is by The One The Only The Greatest - David Bowie. Take it away lad *sings* Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes ....



@diamondbertie
My choice for this linkie is Frank Sinatra - I Got you Under My Skin. Why? That short sentence is in Uncertain Smile.


@kelsoterrier
Ok, dis week woz The The wif Uncertain Smile. My fav The The song iz Dogs of Lust and lead singer Matt Johnson's older brother who did most ov da artwork for The The album covers is called Andy Dog Johnson - all ov dis appeals to me coz I iz a dog ;-) Andy Dog's artwork is quite dark & sinister and Matt's other brother Gerard Johnson iz also talented and recently wrote and directed a film called Tony Serial Killer. Sticking wif da dark sinister theme I choose my favourite serial killer song which iz Psycho Killer by Talking Heads.


 
@wonderwinger
My linky is What Difference Does It Make by The Smiths. A single taken from their self-titled debut album & instantly recognisable by the opening guitar riff by Johnny Marr & Morrissey's falsetto vocal at the end. Paul Carrack was one of the session musicians who played keyboards on this album. He had also replaced Jools Holland in Squeeze in 1979. When The Smiths split, Johnny Marr was recruited to play guitar in TheThe linking us back to where we started with Uncertain Smile.




@bunnersandharvs
So den we dus be thinking bowt wot da linky could be fur dis week & so we dus go wid George Harrison singing wid da Beatles 'Within you without you' cus it like an uncertain smile init & we dus says do I be within or without you? Hrmm, hee hee & well Georgie wus also on da Joolsy Holland show too (well who wusn't Mum says) but we thort dis wus a songy wot makes us shimy shake aroundy too! BOL!



@bvfeyj (da #lexieschain Champion 2011)
Last week Lexie won (cheated) wif dat Jools Holland linky ;-) so me looked it up and turns out dat Jools Holland is also an aufer & he did do a book about da Rolling Stones "Rolling Stones: A Life on the Road" so me fink da Rolling Stones did hab a hit wif one ob da first songs dey wrote demselves which was da opposite ob any kind ob smile, uncertain or udderwise; so me say "As Tears Go By" by da Rolling Stones!


@patchdacat
The winning entry last week was by the group TheThe with Uncertain Smile. I go for another group with The in their name – The Who. The track I choose is “I Can’t Explain” because if you are uncertain you can’t explain so group and song title link nicely (even if I say so myself).


 An after much deliberashun by ma dad he has decided that ......... the winner of the 54th  #lexieschain as chosen by imself  ......... dus be ........... @wonderwinger wiv What Difference Does It Make by The Smiffs. He then said to say that @kelsoterrier's was also great .. he loves Talkin Eds and Dogs of Lust be his favourite TheThe song too, Kelso was a close second. Oh an he said to say that he say @terenceterrier's was his fird pick.

So well done to all pals! and is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you @wonderwinger! 

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 22 January 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment