Sunday 8 January 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Fifty-Third Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 53 (I fort I just carry on wiv da numberin) of #lexieschain an da first of 2012!!  Dis week was down to @marleyterrier to choose da winner, a hard task this week wiv so many great entries yet again! 

So, last week da winning linky was @marleyterrier wiv Louis Armstrong and When You're Smiling.

@bvfeyj (Tucker)
Last week we has Louis Armstrong wif "When You're Smiling" which make me fink ob anovver famous song he did do oposite ob dis which be Nobody Knows Da Trouble Me Seen. Dis song was performed at Armstrong's funeral by Al Hibbler but me could not find dat recording. Also at his funeral was lots ob uvver bery famous peoples like Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Pearl Bailey, Frank Sinatra and many more, including Miss Peggy Lee who did sing da Lord's Prayer, but perhaps her most famous song does be "Fever" so dat what me does pick for dis week's linky. "Fever" by Miss Peggy Lee.



@i_am_fuzzy
The last song was louis armstrong's 'when you're smiling', the next line being 'keep on smiling, the whole world smiles with you'. his top two well-known songs were 'what a wonderful world' & 'we have all the time in the world', which if you're observant you'll have seen a theme emerging....yes!! he likes singing about the world!! so i choose another song about the world....nirvana - 'the man who sold the world'



@terenceterrier
Last week’s winning linky song “When You’re Smiling” has been adopted by Leicester City Football Club as their club anthem. So I am choosing another football club anthem as my linky – “You’ll Never Walk Alone” by Gerry & The Pacemakers as this is the anthem of Liverpool FC.



@djladylexie
Ok linky from Louis Armstrong 'when you're smiling'. I as chosen Uncertain Smile by TheThe. Why? This song also mentions smiling but in the context of pain of unrequited love. It also features the most fantastic piano riff ever – played by Jools Holland. Jools Holland as also played many Louis Armstrong songs on his shows including Wonderful World and When You're Smiling. That the linky = Jools Holland.



@patchdacat
Last week’s winning link was “When you’re smiling” by Louis Armstrong. Dean Martin sometimes sang a parody of this song “When you’re drinking” . Sherry is a drink so I’m choosing “Sherry” by The 4 Seasons as my link.



@rettetkaninchen
Barbra Streisand with Woman in Love. Why? Barbra played together with Louis Amstrong in the musical movie "Hello Dolly". One of her greatest songs is "Woman in Love". 



@bunnersandharvs
We dus been thorting bowt dis songy fur da first week dis year so we dus go wid Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong's Let's Call The Whole Thing Off. We dus chosed it caus dey wus in da past two linkies and da songy is bowt bein differnt and dey did luv each udder (shh wus sekret). we dus also likes it cus we dus mostly luv our tweety pals on twitter and dusn't care how dey sayz soissages or sauzzages or how dey dus pass us a drinky *snorts* we jus like dem so we dus says dis is s gerate songy to go wid fur da New Year and fur evaday rilly! hee hee,



@diamondbertie
I see it's Louis Armstrong's When Your Smiling. My choice is Limelight played by Mantovani. Why? The words when Charlie Chaplin composed it for the film of the same name were something like "Smile though your heart is breaking.........."


@rosieterrier
Hello... Well Louis Armstrong was of course known as Sachmo (Satchell mouth) due to the large aperture of his mouthy (good for chewing da big bones I say!). Anyway - High School Musical is a musical about school and satchels are used at school a lot. High Society is also a musical wiv da word 'high' in and featured Louis Armstrong. One of my fave songs from dis is "Little One" by Bing Crosby and dis is my linky. Also my mum sings dis song to me so it makes me go all gooey inside.



@wonderwinger
My linky is going to be the Tony Bennett song Fly Me To The Moon, as I think it is also a very appropriate tune to celebrate the wedding of @bonniethewestie & @Jackmcwestie Louis Armstrong was a great friend & contemporary of Tony Bennett. Bennett affectionately named Armstrong: Mr Jazz. In fact, one of Armstrong's hits "What a Wonderful World" was originally offered to Bennett to record.



The winner of the 53nd #lexieschain as chosen by @marleyterrier  .... dus be ........... oh no!!! erm ..... well I fink you can guess! Me wiv Uncertain Smile by TheThe. I sorry I  sorry!! I not cheatin ..... honest! Remember is blind vote!

Anyway is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means me! Oh I hate avin to pick :( an I also know who sent em! 

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 15 January 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment