Tuesday 18 September 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Eighty-Eighth Chain






Hello pals! Welcome to Week 88 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Briar (@wonderwinger) to choose. Last time was Wherever My Trail May Lead by Tim McGraw . Let's see wot happened this week!

@kelsoterrier
Ok, a link to Wherever The Trail May Lead by Tim McGraw required this week. I have to admit to not knowing much about Mr McGraw before today. I now know that he is married to Faith Hill and they did some very very successful tours together. The first of these tours was in 2000 and was called the Soul 2 Soul Tour. The stage for this tour was quite unique in that it was a 360 degree stage surrounded on all sides by the audience. Other artists have also used this concept in their tours such as U2 and Def Leppard. Tim McGraw has featured on Def Leppard tracks and collaborated with them in the past. McGraw also joined Def Leppard onstage for the song "Pour Some Sugar On Me" during their 2006 tour. So the stage layout and collaboration links mean my choice this week is Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard.




@borderpup
I do be late wiv ma entry dis week, but we fort there mite still be time if you dus still be on yore way back from BFN. If so, here we go: Hmm, we dussnt know much about Tim McGraw, so we did look him up on t'interweb. He dus be married to annuver famous singer, Faith Hill. They both has made lots of music and dun lots for charity, but Faith has also released 2 perfumes! And her newest one is called 'True', so guess what we has chosen? Yep, da famous 80s tune 'True' by a very young looking Spandau Ballet!




@bvfeyj
Bery creative, Briar! We likes da original Incredible Journey better dan da remake too, but like boaf ob dem. Bery impressed dat Briar found dat video, speshully since Tim McGraw wasn't eben borned yet when da mobie was made. We needs da linky for Tim McGraw "Wherever the Trail May Lead" anyway and da first fing to pop in ma head was Roy Rogers "Happy Trails" but Tim McGraw was da son ob Tug McGraw who was a baseball player and Tim is minority owner ob da Nashville Kats football team which was named after da song "Nashville Cats" by da Lovin' Spoonful so dat is my linky! Dat was also before Tim was borned but it a great song!

So here is da Lubbin Spoonful wif "Nashville Cats"! 




@bunnersandharvs
Well dun Briar on her eggcellunt choicy in last week's chain! So den because da songy was abowt going home and good journeys, we says we hope da journeys be happy so da songy we is going wid is 'Happy Trails by Roy Rogers & Dale Evans.Happy trails to yoooooooooo until we meet again....




@djladylexie
I love that filum wiv da cat and the doggies on their incredible journey. Ok so this filum was akchewlly made based on the book by a woman called Sheila Burnford from Scotland. Scotland is also home to annuva tale of a legendary doggie – Greyfriars Bobby also made into a great filum. Greyfriars Bobby was a Skye Terrier coz of well, being from Skye! A famus song of Skye dus be the Skye Boat Song so I goes for Skye Boat Song performed by The Corries.




@marleyterrier
We see that Briar did choose Wherever My Trail Will Lead…and that made us fink of bein on a journey but we decides that we dussnt not like known where we is goin and so we fink of The Beatles and The Long & Windin Road cos that did lead them back to your door my pal…..and that makes us fink about doors and how sum times they open and sum times they be closed….and the last door we duss see will be eaven's door and so we ave chosen Knockin on Heaven's Door….by Eric Clapton (cos we do prefer his version to Mr Dylan's and Mr Rose's)…





@rosieterrier
Oooo well, congrats to Briar-good choicy. Well that song was about a man attempting to win the heart of a lady, my choice dis week is about the opposite-*sings* all the single ladies..... Anyways you guessed it 'Independent Woman' by Destinys Child is my lovely linky.



@terenceterrier
Last week Briar won wiv “Where Ever The Trial May Lead”. So I started finking about trails & what sorta folk are found on dem. Cowboys of corse are well known for riding on trail drives so I chooses my fave cowboy songy “Ragtime Cowboy Joe” by Alvin and The Chipmunks.




@patchdacat
Last week we had “Where ever the trail may lead” as the winning linky from the Disney film “The Incredible Journey”. One of the animals was a Siamese cat. So I looks for another Disney film with Siamese in it & finds “Lady & The Tramp”. So I choose for my linky this week “The Siamese Cat Song” performed by Hilary Duff from that Walt Disney movie.





@diamondbertie
I hope you get this. Last week's winner was Wherever My Trail May Lead by Tim McGraw
I choose Take Me Home Country Road by John Denver. Why, keeping the theme of journeys and Country music.





An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @wonderwinger  ..... dus be  ........ @djladylexie! Dat be me! Oh blimey I fort I'd lost ma touch! Well I has but anyway is me! So I dus be choosin next week.

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means me!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 23 September 2012. Oh smetimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment