Monday 12 August 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Thirty Fourth Chain





Hello pals! Welcome to week 134 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Maggie wiv Coconut by Harry Nillson. Brillant linky ma pal! So wot dus we dus av this week? 


@djladylexie
Ma linky dis week is stickin wiv da coconut an da calypso feme. I lookin for linky between coconuts, nilsson an da calypso rhythm. Ma linky dus be Kid Creole and the Coconuts wiv Stool Pigeon. I chosened that because of da coconut conneshun of course but also that caribbean/calypso linky an Nilsson and lead singer, Kid Creole imself, was also from New York area.






@skye613
Maggie did win the #Lexieschain last week with the wonderful Harry Nilsson song " Coconut " . Congrats. The doctor told Harry to put da lime in da coconut and you feel better. I think Kid Creole & The Coconuts were trying to help Harry . " Don't Take My Coconuts".







@freddie_bt
Da winner last week wuz Harry Nilsson who is well known fer his recordin of "Everybody's Talkin" which wuz bwilliantly and atmosphewically used in da film "Midnight Cowboy". Da rest of da score fer "Midnight Cowboy" wuz written by John Barry whose marriage to Jane Birkin ended at da time dis film wuz bein made. Jane Birkin left him fer Serge Gainsbourg wiv whom she is most famously associated n dis bwings us to Dad's favwite Gainsbourg song n our linky dis week. "Couleur Cafe has bin recorded by numerous singers inlcuding Jane Birkin n her daughter Charlotte Gainsbourg but we is goin wiv Serge's owiginal which includes a luvly tenor sax. Da atmosphere in dis is so French dat Dad feels he weally shud be sittin at a pavement cafe dwinkin Pastis n smoking Gauloises.   So ere's Serge Gainsbourg admiwably undistwacted by an exotic dancer, "Couleur Cafe".







@bvfeyj
Okies-dokies me linkie fur dis week... bery clever Maggie back in da winner‘s circle wif da funny Coconut by Harry Nilsson from da mobie Reservoir Dogs. So me hab found out dat boaf lime and coconut is fruits and annuvver song about a different fruit was also featured in a mobie (Bettlejuice). So me linkie is Day-O (The Banana Boat Song) by annuvver Harry (Belafonte). See all da linkies dere me did... fruit, mobie, Harry...   Harry Belafonte - "Banana Boat (Day O)" - 1956.






@smcheetham
Well done Maggie for last week. Very simple link from me as I have left it late. The winning song last week had the word coconut in it. That's made me think of Kid Creole and the Coconuts who were around in my youth. Their best known song was Annie I'm Not Your Daddy. So that's my link a coconut based one have a good week everyone.





@diamondbertie
@maggietkat won last week with the marvellous song from Reservoir Dogs, Coconut by Harry Nilsson, I listened to it carefully and it's about drinking - just drinking I spontaneously thought of another drinking song which is Drink Drink Drink sung by Mario Lanza from the Operetta Student Prince.




@bunnersandharvs
So we going in to da 134th Chainy dis week and dat Maggie has dun a supa job winnin da linky last week. Well dun der fur such a good and silly linky too. So we been barkin bowt feet, legs, coconuts (hee hee) and limes too. So dat gets us paws tapping and thinking about all dat in da summer time makes us think of da beach and wot goes wid da beach, you say? None other dan da Beach Boys so we going wid dat as our linky da Beach Boys and der songy,'Wouldn't It Be Nice'. So get your sunycream on dem ears and start tapping dem paws. Is da Beach Boys sing-a-long....*taps paws*.







@wonderwinger
Well done Maggie giving us Harry Nilsson and Coconut to link with this week. Now, I was torn between going for a tropical linky (pawhaps Club Tropicana by Wham) or a Reservoir Dogs link maybe Little Green Bag. However, I then discovered that Harry Nilsson's tunes have been used in loads of other TV programmes & films. Indeed Coconut first appeared on The Muppet Show in 1979. In learning this i have chosen Bein' Green by Kermit the Frog.









An da winner ............... as chosen by Maggie .............. dus be ........... Harvs and Lord P (@bunnersandharvs) Well dun ma pals. Oh an dat means you will be selectin the winner next week.

Ere wot Maggie said bowt it: 3 of the choices were from Kid Creole, so I felt that I couldn't choose just one. coconuts puts me in a summer mood, so I chose wouldn't it be nice by the Beach Boys.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 18th August 2013 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment